Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

senjak

Old August 2nd, 2013, 03:55 PM
Well, I've mostly gotten the Pixie from savage species working; however, now I'm not being offered additional skill points at a new level.

Not only that, it doesn't seem that I'm being allowed to put more than 4 points into skills. Sigh :-(

I'd greatly appreciate some help with this, and some pointers as to what I broke, as I assume it is something I did. I've enclosed the user file I'm trying to build as well as a por file with a second level pixie that didn't get their skills.

Thanks again for all of the help to get me to this point. Oh, and if anyone has a user file with a working Savage Worlds pixie, I'd love to see how you built it.

Thanks!

Senjak
Attached Files
File Type: email Broken pixi.por (15.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: email MDG -- Savage Species.user (5.0 KB, 0 views)
senjak is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
senjak

Old August 3rd, 2013, 05:59 AM
ignore the user file, it was the wrong one.

I have figured out that the problem seems to be related to the number of hit dice given to the monster. Feh
Attached Files
File Type: email MDG -- Savage Species Monster Races.user (10.6 KB, 1 views)
senjak is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old August 3rd, 2013, 04:06 PM
So you are all set now? I could add this to the community set if you think its ready. Might throw a few others in there too it I get the time.
Sendric is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
senjak

Old August 3rd, 2013, 09:40 PM
No, I've still got the problem with skills. I'd just posted the wrong version of my file at first. Sadly understanding what is causing the problem hasn't allowed me to fix it yet!

I'm seeing that skills appear to be the only thing that don't get correctly updated for Pixies.

They aren't suppose to get additional hit dice at each of the 5 levels; however, they do get additional skills at each of their five levels.

If I set the monster class to get an additional hit die at each of the 5 monster levels for Pixie, then everything other than the hit points appears to match the instructions from Savage Species.

I'm not sure if it is another bug, or if it is something to do with timing, any suggestions would be more than welcome.

Thanks,

Senjak
senjak is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old August 5th, 2013, 06:19 AM
Actually, I believe the behavior you are seeing is correct. Assuming this is the pixie class from Savage Species, check out the level chart. The pixie gains all of its skill points at first level. It doesn't gain any more hit dice over the next four "levels", therefore it doesn't gain any more skill points. Also, since its only a 1 HD creature, you can't put more than 4 points into any one skill.
Sendric is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
senjak

Old August 5th, 2013, 06:30 AM
Thank you Sendric! A total chair-keyboard interface problem. I'd become so focused upon what I thought was correct that I didn't carefully re-read either the description or the other sample monsters in Savage Species.

Now that I've discovered that I don't have a bug that I'm running into, please feel free to add it to the community set, though cleaning up the name and unique ids might be advisable. (Suggestion for either would be welcome and incorporated into the next version of the data file I make.)

Oh, and now that I've figured out how to do the Pixie from Savage Species, I'm going to be working on the other ones as well.

Thanks for not laughing at my mistakes too much,

Senjak
senjak is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old August 5th, 2013, 07:02 AM
Don't worry. We all make dumb mistakes. You stare at this stuff long enough, its going to happen. Here's what I'll do. I'll turn this file into one I can add to the next release then send it back to you. That should help you move work on the other races so that they will be consistent.

Update:

Ok. I made a few changes, namely the name of the file, the sourcing and the unique id's. I don't have a better way of naming the races, so stick with the current format for now. For unique id's, you should be able to take a look at what I did with the class specials and see how I created them. If you have questions, let me know.

Finally, thank you for working on this project. It is much appreciated.
Attached Files
File Type: email 3.0 - Savage Species.user (10.6 KB, 1 views)

Last edited by Sendric; August 5th, 2013 at 07:21 AM.
Sendric is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
senjak

Old August 5th, 2013, 07:07 AM
Cool, thanks!

Senjak
senjak is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old August 5th, 2013, 07:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by senjak View Post
Cool, thanks!

Senjak