Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Feature Requests
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

thatdarncat

Old October 15th, 2014, 03:36 PM
Ah, awesome I don't actually have a copy of the software yet combination of still learning Hero Lab and no room in the budget right now.
thatdarncat is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Tekkmage

Old November 6th, 2014, 06:15 PM
I was thinking more along the lines of having tables that would be associated to a Category. Each table would have selectable columns that would equate to a snippet in that topic The rows would then be the topics data. They could be filtered by keywords or field data.

Realm Works Beta team member.
Tekkmage is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
weogarth

Old November 11th, 2014, 04:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob View Post
Here's another trick in the short-term that you might try. Define a Utility tag of "Embedded NPC" or something similar that works for you. Then assign that tag to each of the business where you have an embedded NPC. Now you can do a quick filter on that one tag and you've got all those topics instantly culled out for review.

Another trick is to assign an alias to each business with the name of the embedded NPC within it. If you know the same of the NPC, you can quickly find the business. And you can also see the NPC in the navigation pane (if you show aliases), plus you can even link to it within the business (via the alias).

Thanks for the compliment on distilling out what you're really striving for. It's a skill I've really worked on over the years. It's nice to know that it's paying off.
That's pretty interesting. I'll have to try to remember that one. Thanks Rob.
weogarth is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
AEIOU

Old November 11th, 2014, 07:56 AM
I think I'm going to incorporate Rob's alias for NPC suggestion. It's clean, linkable and I can hide the clutter. The linkable piece is the part I particularly like.

I've already developed a concise master summary list for each area/city/dungeon which is what I'd like to see RW create automatically eventually. I like the summary view to quickly see context and breadth.

I've broken NPCs down to "major" that are fleshed out, "minor" that are likely for the players to interact with or whom I can easily expand upon for adventure links and "mention" which are the red shirts...err...just a line of text somewhere.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B38...ew?usp=sharing
AEIOU is offline   #14 Reply With Quote