Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Lurch

Old November 30th, 2016, 09:34 AM
I'm running into an issue on the Adjustments tab where some adjustment entries have an "X" button in the lower-right corner & are therefore able to be deleted, while others do not; similarly, the ones with a delete button also allow for deleting by right-clicking, while the other ones can only be moved around in the list. Does anyone know why this is occurring and/or what I can do to correct it?
Lurch is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 30th, 2016, 10:06 AM
In Hero Lab, you can only delete something from the same table it was originally added from - check the Permanent Adjustments list on the Personal tab - that's another place to add adjustments.

It's also possible that something on your character is permanently adding that adjustment - then you'll have to delete whatever's responsible for adding that adjustment to your character.
Mathias is online now   #2 Reply With Quote
Lurch

Old November 30th, 2016, 10:09 AM
Everything in question so far has been a manually-added adjustment, such as applying a Bull's Strength spell adjustment or an ability score damage "Other" adjustment.
Lurch is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Silveras

Old November 30th, 2016, 02:23 PM
I've seen odd behavior in the Adjustments before.

Sometimes it is as Mathias mentioned... an Adjustment that "belongs" on the Personal page is added among others, and so has no "delete" button in one place but does in the other.

Other times, I have noticed it seems like one Adjustment among a number of others (such as Spell Adjustments) seems to have "lost" its "delete" button until I remove others. I don't think I filed a bug report because I don't think I've ever been certain how to report it. It is not like I can consistently reproduce it to explain it. But I am pretty sure it does happen without being misplaced from its proper table.
Silveras is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Shindoku

Old October 8th, 2017, 09:51 PM
I'm necro-ing this thread not so much to find how to prevent this from happening, but to see if there's a fix. I updated my Hero Labs program today (Pathfinder and D20 system) and noticed that all of the characters in my campaign portfolio is encountering this problem. Even with the Magic Circle against Evil checked off, it is applying a reminder in brackets in my players' AC section stating "+2 deflection bonus vs. evil).

My solution to remove that message was to remove the spell adjustment altogether, but that is not possible in my program it seems. All spells that were previously added (but not active) in my portfolio no longer have the option to remove the spell. The only two things that avoided this were Rage and Mage Armour, both of which were active upon loading the Portfolio the first time.

Update: I found out what my problem here was. I had added the adjustments in the Tactical console (NOT the Adjust panel) while my players were in battle. Upon opening up that window, I was able to remove the buffs I had placed on the characters.

Last edited by Shindoku; October 12th, 2017 at 07:59 PM. Reason: Solution to my problem
Shindoku is offline   #5 Reply With Quote