Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

woobyluv

Old October 9th, 2017, 09:50 AM
Is it possible to edit and upgrade an existing special named magic item, more specifically, a weapon. If so, how do I do it?

For example. I have a bloodthirst dagger. I want to add an additional +1 to the weapon and add Returning. I'm having difficulty finding the method to make that happen.
woobyluv is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old October 9th, 2017, 10:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by woobyluv View Post
Is it possible to edit and upgrade an existing special named magic item, more specifically, a weapon. If so, how do I do it?

For example. I have a bloodthirst dagger. I want to add an additional +1 to the weapon and add Returning. I'm having difficulty finding the method to make that happen.
To be clear upgrading a specific weapon is houserule territory hence the reason why HL does not directly support it.

The main way is to use the editor and create your new totally custom weapon. This is the best way to get 100% control.

The next is I have an adjustment in the Community Pack that can give additional pluses to a specific weapon. I can't give "item powers" through a adjustment so you are left with just adding a note.

Install the Community Pack. Turn on "ShadowChemosh Adjustments". The on the Adjust tab add the adjustment "Equipment, Weapon Enhancement". That can be used to increase the magical plus of any weapon.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.

Last edited by ShadowChemosh; October 9th, 2017 at 10:50 AM.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
woobyluv

Old October 9th, 2017, 10:46 AM
Thanks alot
woobyluv is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
woobyluv

Old October 9th, 2017, 11:02 AM
I'm trying to use the editor, but it's not letting me copy the base item then modify it in the editor. Do I have to refill every field on my own just to get to what is already in the database?
woobyluv is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old October 9th, 2017, 11:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by woobyluv View Post
I'm trying to use the editor, but it's not letting me copy the base item then modify it in the editor. Do I have to refill every field on my own just to get to what is already in the database?
Correct. You have to manually copy over each setting one at time.

This is built this way so that it is "possible" to do copies of individual things but very hard to copy a whole book. Once the data is in a .user file you could give it to anyone in the world that has a copy of HL and they can use it.

But LW still wanted to provide a means, albeit one that takes some work, to make changes to individual Things if you wish.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
woobyluv

Old October 9th, 2017, 11:49 AM
Got it. Thanks again.
woobyluv is offline   #6 Reply With Quote