Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - User Projects
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

cyrusthevirus

Old May 3rd, 2012, 01:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorneldrich View Post
I just wanted to say thank you to all those involved in this project. I love Psionics & have deeply missed them in Pathfinder.
I second this motion as I have wanted to play psionics in herolab for so damn long.
cyrusthevirus is offline   #51 Reply With Quote
cyrusthevirus

Old May 6th, 2012, 09:11 AM
I have narrowed the problem down to the ability called kinetic aura. For some reason kinetic aura is what I believe is causing the -2 deflection modifier to ac to occur. It seems to work as soon as 8th level is attained but it seems to apply kinetic aura starting at first level but as a negative because you do not get a positive bonus until 8th.
cyrusthevirus is offline   #52 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old May 6th, 2012, 04:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyrusthevirus View Post
I have narrowed the problem down to the ability called kinetic aura. For some reason kinetic aura is what I believe is causing the -2 deflection modifier to ac to occur. It seems to work as soon as 8th level is attained but it seems to apply kinetic aura starting at first level but as a negative because you do not get a positive bonus until 8th.
Yes. If you look at my post before yours you will see a doneif statement you can use to fix this until an official fix is provided.
Sendric is offline   #53 Reply With Quote
cyrusthevirus

Old May 6th, 2012, 06:58 PM
I just saw your post, I did not understand that it was for me. It seemed to have worked like a charm. Thanks so much for the help Sendric.

Actually I think you quoted the wrong person when you replied and I missed it.

Last edited by cyrusthevirus; May 6th, 2012 at 07:00 PM.
cyrusthevirus is offline   #54 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old May 7th, 2012, 05:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyrusthevirus View Post
I just saw your post, I did not understand that it was for me. It seemed to have worked like a charm. Thanks so much for the help Sendric.

Actually I think you quoted the wrong person when you replied and I missed it.
I had a private back and forth with that person and I think they mentioned the same error you did somewhere else so I just quoted them without looking at what exactly I was quoting. Sorry about the confusion.
Sendric is offline   #55 Reply With Quote
Quintain

Old May 9th, 2012, 10:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCArknight View Post
Howdy!

Thought I'd go ahead and share where I'm at with the Psionics Unleashed book from Dreamscarred Press.

Skills - Complete
Feats - Complete
Base Classes - Complete
Prestige Classes - Not Started
Powers - (done as spells) A-B complete

That's it right now. I've got things working as well as I can without the basic Psionics support not being enabled. (Colen, Rob, Matthias - Any chance of that happening soon? )

I'm still working on things slowly but surely...

TC
TC, Love your work, I've been loving Psionics since 1st Ed, and having them in Hero Labs pretty much sold it for me.

I've been working on various builds in HL for Psionic Characters, and I have been noticing something that I think is fundamentally incorrect in the way Hero Labs implements psionics (or perhaps as it has be configured to date).

In the above text you mentioned that you put in the Psionic Powers in a spells. Sadly, this introduces a problem -- metamagic feats are shown in the lists for feats that can modify psionic powers. And, as you are probably very aware there is specific text in the Psionics Unleashed book that prohibits this.

I'm not exactly sure how to implement psionics as not-spells, but taking these powers out of that spells category would prevent this bug.
Quintain is offline   #56 Reply With Quote
RavenX
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old May 10th, 2012, 07:50 PM
TCArKnight,

In response to the above, You may want to put in a FtDisable tag somehow for the Psionic powers that disallows the Metamagic feats. Just a thought I had.

RavenX
RavenX is offline   #57 Reply With Quote
Quintain

Old May 11th, 2012, 01:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenX View Post
TCArKnight,

In response to the above, You may want to put in a FtDisable tag somehow for the Psionic powers that disallows the Metamagic feats. Just a thought I had.

RavenX
It's not just the metamagic feats, it applies to traits as well, like those that impact concentration checks when casting arcane spells (shows up on the Psion tab under the special abilities button.

Also, there is a "spells" tab that has the psionic powers listed in them under a "spellcasting" header. Not sure how this is changed as well.

I'm attempting to figure out how this all goes together so I can assist with development down the road, but I'm kinda posting this as a "need-to-do-list" for the Psionics classes.
Quintain is offline   #58 Reply With Quote
RavenX
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old May 22nd, 2012, 09:31 PM
It will get done eventually when we have less High Priority projects to work on.
This is a massive Project and TCArKnight has done most of the work on it. I coded up all the powers for it, which took me a while, but it got done.
RavenX is offline   #59 Reply With Quote
Amorelia

Old June 2nd, 2012, 02:45 PM
Hi,

I'm trying to find something for Wilder Psionics class in Pathfinder for Herolab. I downloaded the .zip at the front of this thread, but it seems to be corrupted.
Amorelia is offline   #60 Reply With Quote