Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 14th, 2015, 01:06 PM
Sorry for not being clear. You will need to revert to the backup WITH THE UPCOMING BUG FIX RELEASE. The current version corrupts the statblocks. Until we get the fix out, you can revert to the backup all you want, but you'll continue to get the same - wrong - results.

We do NOT want to release a bug fix update that fails to fix ALL of the problems with data conversion. Granted, there's only a few of them, but one of them is nasty. We're still trying to sort that one out.
rob is offline   #41 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old October 14th, 2015, 02:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikmal View Post
The problem is I NEED to be able to use this tonight. Which is rather unfortunate. Now I will not be able to do so.
If you don't need any additions from the last day or two, you could go back to version 200 and a backup of your database from 200. You won't be able to keep any changes, but I doubt you're worried about that at this point.

Make sure you rename your Master Database folder before uninstalling 202 so you can put it back afterwards.

Parody is offline   #42 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 14th, 2015, 10:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob View Post
Depends on your timezone. If we can, we'll get some of this stuff sorted out in a release this evening. But that's not for certain, just our goal. We have to get a list of stuff sorted for the next bug fix release so that there is only one time where users have to revert to their backups (such as with the statblock corruption).
We're still working on a fix to one of the other bugs that were uncovered, so we weren't able to put out the release tonight. Sorry about that.

We're working our tails off on this end, but we need to make sure bugs are fixed properly and tested before we release anything. Thank you for persevering.
rob is offline   #43 Reply With Quote
Nikmal

Old October 14th, 2015, 10:20 PM
Rob, being I did use my back up and it got corrupted... will it matter if it did or not or am I going to loose all the work I did from the last back up on the 3 of October? (10 days passed since that back-up and the one I used and it got corrupted (the backup from the major update)).

I entered about 100 topics since the 3rd of October and I would hate to loose those topics?

Thanks for working so hard to get the updates out though. I know you guys are trying.
Nikmal is offline   #44 Reply With Quote
trechriron

Send a message via Yahoo to trechriron

Old October 14th, 2015, 11:15 PM
Well my desktop (Win7 Pro) updated, launched and synced my realms successfully. :-)

My laptop is also Win7, but it's home version. I can't remember what "pro sauce" they put in the pro version, but it seems something in Win7 Home causes the app to crash.

Looking forward to the bug fix!
trechriron is offline   #45 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 15th, 2015, 12:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikmal View Post
Rob, being I did use my back up and it got corrupted... will it matter if it did or not or am I going to loose all the work I did from the last back up on the 3 of October? (10 days passed since that back-up and the one I used and it got corrupted (the backup from the major update)).

I entered about 100 topics since the 3rd of October and I would hate to loose those topics?

Thanks for working so hard to get the updates out though. I know you guys are trying.
Unless you've done something unusual - and outside of Realm Works - your backup should be fine. Here's what's happening...

1. You restore the backup
2. You load things up and Realm Works upgrades your database contents
3. The upgrade process has a bug that is incorrectly converting your statblocks

Note that the backup itself is not being modified, unless you're doing something to compromise it that is completely outside of Realm Works. That's doubtful, so your backup should still be perfectly fine.

When we get this bug fix release out, you'll again go through the above steps, only this time the upgrade process will correctly convert your statblocks. Then you should be good to go.
rob is offline   #46 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 15th, 2015, 12:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trechriron View Post
Well my desktop (Win7 Pro) updated, launched and synced my realms successfully. :-)

My laptop is also Win7, but it's home version. I can't remember what "pro sauce" they put in the pro version, but it seems something in Win7 Home causes the app to crash.

Looking forward to the bug fix!
Whatever the crash is, make sure that you submit the crash report to us! That's the only way to be sure that we're aware of that particular bug, which is the only way it will get fixed.
rob is offline   #47 Reply With Quote
Nikmal

Old October 15th, 2015, 03:43 AM
Quote:
Unless you've done something unusual - and outside of Realm Works - your backup should be fine. Here's what's happening...

1. You restore the backup
2. You load things up and Realm Works upgrades your database contents
3. The upgrade process has a bug that is incorrectly converting your statblocks

Note that the backup itself is not being modified, unless you're doing something to compromise it that is completely outside of Realm Works. That's doubtful, so your backup should still be perfectly fine.

When we get this bug fix release out, you'll again go through the above steps, only this time the upgrade process will correctly convert your statblocks. Then you should be good to go.
God that would be so COOL if that was the case!!
Nikmal is offline   #48 Reply With Quote
weogarth

Old October 15th, 2015, 03:48 AM
Thanks to the Evil Real Life stuff going on with me, I haven't been able to work on my game much in last several weeks but this looks like a pretty awesome release. Thanks LWD!

I am guessing my inability to sync with friends' realms is due to their not having upgraded yet?

Keep up the good work and g'luck on the bugs.
weogarth is offline   #49 Reply With Quote
trechriron

Send a message via Yahoo to trechriron

Old October 15th, 2015, 09:08 AM
Quote:
Whatever the crash is, make sure that you submit the crash report to us! That's the only way to be sure that we're aware of that particular bug, which is the only way it will get fixed.
I absolutely do. As a professional QA person, I love your crash reporting tool. Very well done!
trechriron is offline   #50 Reply With Quote