Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Data Files > Warhammer Fantasy 8th Ed.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Sturmpioniere

Old November 23rd, 2006, 04:16 PM
I received the orc and gobbo list and had a few issues with it, I went through it and made the essential corrections that made it functional on my PC, unknown if these same errors occurred for anyone else. My son and i used it to field a nice 2000 point force and get beat the other day(good fights though). I am extremely appreciative of the efforts put forth by the BIG K, I thought it necessary to let everyone know.
Sturmpioniere is offline   #41 Reply With Quote
Mandalon

Old November 25th, 2006, 03:01 AM
Well... LoneWolf does not make any roster files. They are all done by private persons in their spare time. So be a little grateful. Actually, if you would have read the info on LoneWolf's website, you would have found out that they state explicitly, that they do not offer any data files!
Mandalon is offline   #42 Reply With Quote
observo

Old November 25th, 2006, 04:45 AM
HyperPing, thanks so much! I'll give them a tryout today.

Observo
observo is offline   #43 Reply With Quote
Ingo

Old November 25th, 2006, 11:46 AM
Hey, you have a point there. Why do we have to pay each year for updates even if the ones who get the payment don't make the files we get in the updates? They just use free volunteers to do the job for them. I of course want everyone to respect the great guys who work with the data files, but it's true that we are paying for updates that don't come too much on time, and when they are released they aren't perfectly accurate. No complaints to the data file authors, you guys rock, but you get the point.

Of course someone might now say that we get updates to AB itself now and then and that development is being done by the wolven staff, but as these updates don't come too frequently and the improvements aren't too big it's maybe not quite worth the twelve bucks a year. It just makes AB even more expensive than the already rather expensive cost we pay when we buy it

Argument #3: We pay for AUTOMATIC UPDATES. Well okay... No comments. :roll:
Ingo is offline   #44 Reply With Quote
Mandalon

Old November 25th, 2006, 01:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by makks30
... also since when were you lone wolfs spokes person. ...
I am not. But I also use the product. (I also have an O&G army and would like a 7th edition update).
I actually looked into the authoring kit myself but found out that I am not skilled enough/have enough time to work out how it works. What I think the authors can expect, is respect. If I were a file author and some more of these complaints came up, I would seriously consider to stop working on this altogether... (and as a user myself, I do not want this, of course)

Quote:
Originally Posted by makks30
...and i didnt say lone wolf makes the roster files i said they create the update files for the roster files maybe you should try reading a post before you post a reply! :lol:
Well, I do not see the difference. Everything LoneWolf does is the software updates (e.g. AB 3.0 -> 3.1)
The data/roster file "updates", meaning the addition of new stuff, is nothing that is supported by LoneWolf, either. THIS is what robert and co. do.

If you don't like the system, nobody forces you to use the army builder. But you maybe should find out how the whole system is supposed to work before complaining about the WH data file guys.
Mandalon is offline   #45 Reply With Quote
HyperPing

Old November 25th, 2006, 01:53 PM
Someone forgot their Ritilin today.
HyperPing is offline   #46 Reply With Quote
Ghaz

Old November 25th, 2006, 03:42 PM
It seems to me that someone should have read the facts about AB a little better or else he would have understood that purchasing AB in no way, shape or form guarantees datafiles of any sort.
Ghaz is offline   #47 Reply With Quote
Mandalon

Old November 26th, 2006, 12:07 AM
To end this subject, here an excerpt from the license agreement, which you all acknowledged:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Army Builder License Agreement
You acknowledge that the Software does not include data files for any game system, nor does Company warrant the availability, accuracy, or completeness of any data files that might be created. All data files, with the exception of those included as examples, are entirely independent of the Software and are developed and maintained at the discretion of a third party. Any access to data files that is provided through the Software is offered solely as a service to the user, and Company makes no endorsement of these independent resources.
This should conclude the discussion here. If you want to continue it, feel free to move to the AB support forum, but this has nothing to do with the WH data files, and even less with the new O&G list, anymore.
Mandalon is offline   #48 Reply With Quote
robert
Volunteer Data File Author

Old November 26th, 2006, 01:50 PM
hi there

dont worry!!! i am working on the files now!!!!

sorry for the delay :~)
robert is offline   #49 Reply With Quote
Ghaz

Old November 26th, 2006, 04:08 PM
Uh, volunteers write the files but they're on Lone Wolf's servers. Do web hosting companies pay people to put web sites on their servers? I don't think so.
Ghaz is offline   #50 Reply With Quote