Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Savage Worlds
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

CivilSavage

Old January 12th, 2010, 05:22 PM
You are correct sir!

I was scrolling through quickly and did not note that "Chi Focus" was, indeed, on the list but not highlighted, even though my character in development has "Martial Arts."

Incidentally, same is true for the "Superior Kung Fu," which requires the "Martial Arts," which I have selected.

Perhaps I am doing something wrong....

In any case, fantastic stuff! Even if the options don't come up highlighted (or if it is simply my mistake), it is still possible to easily put together a DLR character, which is outstanding.
CivilSavage is offline   #31 Reply With Quote
phantomwhale

Old February 18th, 2010, 10:50 PM
Picking up Hero Lab once again to assist my DL:R players with validating and logging there character advancements. So naturally I am VERY happy to get the updated DLR rules (including the Flood - awesome !)

Thanks for the work - this is why the internet (and it's users) rocks.
phantomwhale is offline   #32 Reply With Quote
dartnet
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old February 19th, 2010, 07:11 AM
Expect an update in the next few weeks.
dartnet is offline   #33 Reply With Quote
phantomwhale

Old February 26th, 2010, 05:00 AM
A bit more in depth use of the DL:R files, and I noticed that all the arcane backgrounds are implemented in accordance with the SW:EE rules, and not the updated DL:R implementations.

E.g. my blessed character needed to select his powers (not a big problem, we just ignore them) and my Martial Artist's powers were not based off the spirit skill (e.g. they always cost 2 skill points per die increase)

Are these actually implemented, and I'm picking the wrong thing on the menus ? Or a known item that needs work perhaps ?

Look forward to the update.
Ben
phantomwhale is offline   #34 Reply With Quote
CapedCrusader

Old March 23rd, 2010, 11:58 PM
Has anyone else run into this? Since the horses/mules aren't set up as Top Holders in Container Behavior, anything they carry is counted as Encumbrance on the character? I've fixed mine, but thought you might want to know...
CapedCrusader is offline   #35 Reply With Quote
dartnet

Old March 24th, 2010, 02:19 PM
Thanks It will be fixed.
dartnet is offline   #36 Reply With Quote
phantomwhale

Old April 2nd, 2010, 01:13 PM
Was trying to validate my players Chi Mastery character again today, and decided I really wanted to sort out the Chi Mastery edge in Deadlands.

So I decided to get my hands dirty with the Authoring Kit, looked up how Super Powers are implemented, and cobbled together the following (see attached).

It adds a new Chi Mastery (modified) edge, which gives you the correct number of powers (2 instead of 1) and also adds in "Chi Power" skills, which are correctly based off Spirit (unlike regular Super Power skills, which always cost 2 advancement points to boost).

Note that it still gives you access to the regular "Power" skills for each power you buy too. These should be ignored. Have asked if there was a better way of "overriding" these skills in a separate thread on this channel.

I made this extension to work in harmony with Dartnet's existing ruleset. Simply put it in the same directory, and it works. Hopefully Dartnet will integrate these changes into his main ruleset, if he hasn't written something for this already. There may be better ways to do what I've done here, but for now it got me up and running with the Chi Mastery edge.

Cheers,
Ben
Attached Files
File Type: zip DLR_chimastery.zip (1.5 KB, 11 views)
phantomwhale is offline   #37 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 2nd, 2010, 02:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomwhale View Post
It adds a new Chi Mastery (modified) edge, which gives you the correct number of powers (2 instead of 1) and also adds in "Chi Power" skills, which are correctly based off Spirit (unlike regular Super Power skills, which always cost 2 advancement points to boost).

Note that it still gives you access to the regular "Power" skills for each power you buy too. These should be ignored. Have asked if there was a better way of "overriding" these skills in a separate thread on this channel.
Based on a quick look at the file you created, I think you can quickly correct the problem with super powers still being enacted. Give the following a try:

1. In the edge, remove the Arcane.SuperPower tag and add a new Arcane.ChiMastery tag.
2. In the arcane background, do the same.
3. For each skill, do the same.
4. For each skill, change the containerreq tag expression to:
Code:
hero#Arcane.ChiMastery
I'm pretty sure those changes should completely decouple your Chi Mastery implementation from super powers and have them work smoothly together.
rob is offline   #38 Reply With Quote
phantomwhale

Old April 13th, 2010, 03:44 PM
Thanks rob - worked perfectly ! Hadn't got to grips with tags (or most of HeroLab authoring in all honesty) so didn't realize that was all that was still coupling the two arcane powers together.

Have uploaded an updated version of the chi mastery extension on this post (below)
Attached Files
File Type: zip DLR_chimastery.zip (1.4 KB, 32 views)
phantomwhale is offline   #39 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 13th, 2010, 04:36 PM
Glad I could help. Tags are a very fundamental mechanism used within Hero Lab, as they are both extremely flexible and powerful. They come in handy in numerous different ways throughout the Savage Worlds data files, as well as all other game systems. So you'll likely find yourself utilizing them as you add more capabilities to the SW data files. The basics of using tags is outlined in the Authoring Kit wiki, so you might find that section worth a read. And I'm always happy to answer questions if you run into snags along the way. :-)
rob is offline   #40 Reply With Quote