Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread

Kaleb

Old April 6th, 2013, 07:41 PM
Mathias and Collin could you possibly add a feature on the weapns and armor tabs that aloow you to upgrade a magic item so the cost of the item is caculated and sbtracted from your gold correctly. basicly what I am asking for is a checkbox that lets the program know you are upgrading an existing item and subtract the current value of the item from the new price of the item and subtract that number for your total gold. I hope you understand that.
Kaleb is offline   #281
risner
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old April 6th, 2013, 09:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaleb View Post
Mathias and Collin could you possibly add a feature on the weapns and armor tabs that aloow you to upgrade a magic item
I get around this by selling the old at 100% and buying a new one.
risner is offline   #282
Ladyofdragons

Old April 7th, 2013, 11:16 AM
If I buy 6 trail rations, and while wandering through a large dungeon for 2 days I eat two, I should have 2 less trail rations. While I may weigh more after those two days, my pack should weigh less, and therefore my encumbrance should go down by 2 pounds.

Using tracked resources, this does not happen. I have to go into my gear and click the X to "sell" my rations, which makes using the "tracked resources" not very useful for consumables, because once consumed, they're not technically gone.

I would like to suggest a right-click menu item on gear to "Use One", which would reduce the count of the consumable item (and therefore encumbrance) but not bring up the options to sell the item.

-------------------------------------
"...You're going to backstab him with a ballista?"
Ladyofdragons is offline   #283
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 8th, 2013, 12:54 PM
Which game system is this for? Each game writes its own code for gear.
Mathias is offline   #284
shadestemple

Old April 13th, 2013, 04:17 AM
It be nice to Split Stack money for games where GMs include coin weight. That way players can have money storage in X place and what money they carry on them.
shadestemple is offline   #285
Lord Magus

Old April 13th, 2013, 06:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadestemple View Post
It be nice to Split Stack money for games where GMs include coin weight. That way players can have money storage in X place and what money they carry on them.
+1 to that.

A usable workaround is to create a "custom gear" item, calling it "xxx gp", enter the corresponding weight and gp value, and drop it to the ground or store it in a "home base" container that is not carried by the hero.
Lord Magus is offline   #286
Silveras

Old April 13th, 2013, 09:13 AM
I mentioned this in another thread, but what I did for managing money was to go into the Editor and create "Gold Piece", "Silver Piece", "Platinum Piece", and "Copper Piece" gear items. Now I can stack, Split Stack, "give" them from character to character, and so on.
Silveras is offline   #287
Aldaron

Old April 16th, 2013, 04:36 AM
Hmmm...just wondering. Is it possible to hide a character on the dashboard?

I'll start at the beginning, and someone can probably tell me why I don't need to do it!

I use a "party.por" file, into which I've imported all the characters in the group. Now, they have a fair amount of stuff that they don't want to lug about with them (50 lb tapestries, for example).

Normally, what I would do is create a "Custom Location" in one of the characters' "Gear" sections and then just dump all the loot in there. However, when there are (literally) a couple of dozen items, that character's "Gear" section becomes extremely unwieldy and crowded, whether it's in HeroLab "live" (as we use it) or on a character sheet.

So I had the following idea: create a minion in the editor called "Home". Then the character can "buy" it for free, and transfer all the extraneous loot into it.

All well and good...except that now "Home" shows up as another character in the Dashboard. Is there any way of hiding characters from the Dashboard without removing them from the portfolio? For that matter, it would be nice to hide non-combat mounts, as well, as they tend to get in the way.

At the moment, I'm just shifting all the non-essential stuff to the bottom, but it'd be nice to be able to hide it entirely.

My other idea was to create a custom faction (and call it "Company of Aasimir" or something) which was the party itself, and then create vanities for them that cost nothing, but I think a Vanity/Prestige Award just gets displayed like a custom location, yes? (In other words, all the gear transferred to it will remain displayed in the character's gear list)

Any ideas?
Aldaron is offline   #288
chiefweasel

Old April 16th, 2013, 07:51 AM
You could create the container Home as gear instead of as minion/follower. Then it would just show up in the characters gear listing. make it a weight 0 and it wont have any encmberance either.

Just a thought.

Web site - Cheese Weasel Logistics - www.cheeseweasel.net
Twitter - @CheeseWeaselGMZ
For user created content check out www.d20pfsrd.com and www.cheeseweasel.net
For video demos of Hero Lab go to http://www.youtube.com/user/TheChiefweasel?blend=9&ob=5
chiefweasel is offline   #289
risner
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old April 16th, 2013, 02:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefweasel View Post
You could create the container Home as gear instead of as minion/follower.
I make heavy use of this as well. I even make custom items for animals so I can fiddle with animal packs contents on main hero.
risner is offline   #290
Closed Thread