Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Data Files > Warhammer Fantasy 8th Ed.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

RICHARDC1967

Old August 14th, 2010, 09:15 PM
according to the 8th Edition rulebook war beasts and monsterous cavalry have the "swiftstride" ability, so chaos hounds and the Juggernaught of Khorne should have this ability in their stat line, am I correct?

also just a quick question regarding the chaos armour and enchanted item abilities..I have a chaos lord with the "armor of morrslieb" it has a 4+ ward save against non magical attacks, and the "collar of khorne" which is magic resistance 2 and a 6+ ward save, rulebook says if you have multiple ward saves use the best one..so with this combination I have a 4+ ward save against normal attacks and a 2+ ward save against magical attacks(rulebook says apply the magic resistance # (2) to the best ward save (4+) to give you the magic ward save (2+)) am I correct?

Thanks for your help
RICHARDC1967 is offline   #281 Reply With Quote
geovaz

Old August 14th, 2010, 11:27 PM
i dont think so Richard... if its being attacked with something magical it negates the morsliebb ward and thus u just get a 5+ ward for magic res, then + 1 for the collar for a total of 4+ against magical attacks
geovaz is offline   #282 Reply With Quote
geovaz

Old August 14th, 2010, 11:39 PM
A little buggeroo here silks mate!

according to the wood elf faq

"Q. May a character from the Eternal Kindred take additional
armour or weapons and still benefit from the Eternal Guard fighting
style? (p68)"
A. Yes.

this means that now characters can take eternal kindred and benefit from light armor hand weapon shield thus letting them have better saves (yay)

Something else that isnt working is that forest spirits taking multiple spites create a validation error, this is not the case tho thanks again for your great work!

Last edited by geovaz; August 15th, 2010 at 01:39 AM. Reason: new error noticed
geovaz is offline   #283 Reply With Quote
fitz

Old August 15th, 2010, 02:10 AM
Agree with the above - My Branchie has two sprites and the validator is telling me she has too many.
fitz is offline   #284 Reply With Quote
RICHARDC1967

Old August 15th, 2010, 06:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by geovaz View Post
i dont think so Richard... if its being attacked with something magical it negates the morsliebb ward and thus u just get a 5+ ward for magic res, then + 1 for the collar for a total of 4+ against magical attacks

thanks..once I got to thinking about it I came up with the same conclusion, but the collar of Khorne is (2) magic resistance so shouldn't it be a 3+ against magic attacks, GW rules can be confusing and contradictory at times

Thanks again
RICHARDC1967 is offline   #285 Reply With Quote
Nightsteel

Old August 15th, 2010, 08:27 AM
If 6+ is the best ward save against magic attacks, then you have to take it. Magic resistance then improves this ward save for +1 per resistence level. So with 6+ ward and MR 2 you have 4+
Nightsteel is offline   #286 Reply With Quote
Evolan

Old August 15th, 2010, 04:52 PM
The Chaos Dragon adds the points both to the Lord & Hero parts... when it should only add it to the Lord, please repair this and thank you
Evolan is offline   #287 Reply With Quote
Romulus68

Old August 15th, 2010, 07:20 PM
Charmed Shield genericstuff.dat

Its not giving the +1 Armor Save.
Romulus68 is offline   #288 Reply With Quote
Rushputin

Old August 16th, 2010, 06:27 AM
For Skaven (at least)
- Armor of Silvered Steel provides a 1+ save, rather than the 2+ (not improvable).

- In units of Rat Ogres, Packmasters are incorrectly capped at (# Rat Ogres / 2). Per the Skaven FAQ, this should be ((# Rat Ogres /2) + 1). ("Q. Can I take a unit consisting of 2 Rat Ogres and 2 Packmasters when I pick an army? (p104) A. Yes.")
Rushputin is offline   #289 Reply With Quote
Mupptribe

Old August 16th, 2010, 02:26 PM
Don't know if this has been brought up, but...

One unit of Empire Flagellants might be taken as Core is there is a Warrior priest or Lector in the army. This didn't work out in AB last I checked.
Mupptribe is offline   #290 Reply With Quote