Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

armidale

Old January 5th, 2012, 04:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by apoca6 View Post
Have been having problems with both the updating sheets by AncientOne and Armidale.

Armidale's has all the information i want and looks really good in the html preview. But when i come to printing it out(tried with firefox and chrome), the pages go all over the place, the alignment(?) go all over the shop and don't look that great.

***Never mind, tried it with IE9 and got it working! silly noob ***
Glad you got it to work with IE9. I'll look into the Firefox/Chrome problems, thanks for letting me kno.
armidale is offline   #271 Reply With Quote
AncientOne

Old January 6th, 2012, 02:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by apoca6 View Post
AncientOnes' looks amazing and prints perfectly formatted but it loses some trait and feat information along the way. I have made a lv 9 wizard that has the shift ability from swapping out conjuration for teleport, which does not show up on the sheet anywhere and neither does it's acid splash SLA.
Thanks for letting me know -- I'll take a look at this and see what's going on.

I've been trying to get a few updates done over the Holidays, but you know how that is... Now that they're past, things should get back to the normal schedule.
AncientOne is offline   #272 Reply With Quote
Angela2013

Old January 6th, 2012, 08:44 AM
Hi Ancient One

Great character sheet. I have noticed one omission though and have a request.

In Pathfinder none of the skills use Constitution as the skill stat but some of my gaming groups have some skills from other books that use that stat. I noticed though that when in Compact View for skills on your sheet there is no section for Constitution skills.

That was the omission, now for the request.

Your sheet doesn't have a section for Tracked Resources. It would be nice to have one like the section on the built in HeroLab sheet. It could be placed on the right side, under the Logos after Skills and Languages. Also it would be nice to be able to edit them and add new items (hopefully).

Just a couple of ideas.

Last edited by Angela2013; January 6th, 2012 at 10:26 AM.
Angela2013 is offline   #273 Reply With Quote
AncientOne

Old January 6th, 2012, 09:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie2013 View Post
Great character sheet. I have noticed one omission though and have a request.
Thanks for the input! Consider these added to the list...
AncientOne is offline   #274 Reply With Quote
AncientOne

Old January 7th, 2012, 11:02 AM
Version 3.1 of my custom character sheet has been released (via the Hero Lab auto-updater).

The changes include:
  • Support for two-weapon fighting mechanics. Use the control panel to turn this on/off. Note: To take advantage of this feature, do not equip your weapons within Hero Lab.
  • Weapons equipped within Hero Lab now show which hand(s) they occupy.
  • The count of weapons "stacked" within Hero Lab are now displayed.
  • Ammunition is populated for common projectile weapons.
  • Constitution-based skills now appear in the compact skills layout.
  • Tracked resources can now be displayed. Use the control panel to decide where (or if) they appear.
  • Movement-based special abilities are now displayed (they were deliberately suppressed in previous versions of the sheet).
  • The mouse cursor changes to a 'help' cursor whenever you hover over something that can appear in the information panel (such as a skill).
  • The mouse cursor changes to a 'move' cursor when you enable portrait editing and hover over your character portrait. This is a visual hint that you can drag the portrait around.
AncientOne is offline   #275 Reply With Quote
Angela2013

Old January 7th, 2012, 01:00 PM
Great sheet O' Ancient One. Glad to see the suggestions acted upon so fast.

Noticed that there nowhere for a character's flaws. It could be incorperated with the Traits Section and rename it Traits/Flaws.

Also (this one is a maybe) there could be a page for Animal Companions/Familiars/Hirelings; A Minion page. There could just be their statblocks like in the HeroLab sheet to save room.

Last edited by Angela2013; January 7th, 2012 at 01:12 PM.
Angela2013 is offline   #276 Reply With Quote
apoca6

Old January 7th, 2012, 01:06 PM
Both sheets are great and both work perfectly now and the response time for the problems I had were blisteringly fast! you guys rock!

An option to change spell the descriptions into spell cards would make me very happy

I am playing my first ever spell caster tomorrow in a 14-15 hour marathon session and trying to remember my spells is going to be a massive nightmare! So the cards would be a big help in the future.

Keep up the good work!
apoca6 is offline   #277 Reply With Quote
AncientOne

Old January 7th, 2012, 01:35 PM
Thanks for the comments! FYI, some of the things you (and others) have mentioned are still on the to-do list.

apoca6... just so I understand: What would be different for you in a "spell cards" layout, as opposed to the current spell layout?
AncientOne is offline   #278 Reply With Quote
apoca6

Old January 7th, 2012, 10:25 PM
Would just be in a card shape format, so they could be cut out and literally used as cards for each spell on my prepared list. May not be useful for everyone but I struggle to remember EVERY detail of most spells and this will help speed up the playing time by not having to go through the various books to find the correct information.

http://www.thegm.org/perramsSpellbook.php - this sort of format, less the graphics would be fine.

Also handy to keep track of cast spells

oh.. just realised you had the summary on the sheet if i add the spells! d'oh!

Forget i said anything, lol
apoca6 is offline   #279 Reply With Quote
temohjyn

Old January 12th, 2012, 06:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientOne View Post
Version 3.1 of my custom character sheet has been released (via the Hero Lab auto-updater).

The changes include:
  • Support for two-weapon fighting mechanics. Use the control panel to turn this on/off. Note: To take advantage of this feature, do not equip your weapons within Hero Lab.
  • Weapons equipped within Hero Lab now show which hand(s) they occupy.
  • The count of weapons "stacked" within Hero Lab are now displayed.
  • Ammunition is populated for common projectile weapons.
  • Constitution-based skills now appear in the compact skills layout.
  • Tracked resources can now be displayed. Use the control panel to decide where (or if) they appear.
  • Movement-based special abilities are now displayed (they were deliberately suppressed in previous versions of the sheet).
  • The mouse cursor changes to a 'help' cursor whenever you hover over something that can appear in the information panel (such as a skill).
  • The mouse cursor changes to a 'move' cursor when you enable portrait editing and hover over your character portrait. This is a visual hint that you can drag the portrait around.

Brilliant! I wanted to say thank you AncientOne. Your addition of the two-weapon feature has made your sheet the sheet of choice for my table. Thank you so much for adding that tool. It looks great and works great.

Last edited by temohjyn; January 12th, 2012 at 06:55 PM.
temohjyn is offline   #280 Reply With Quote