Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Madmaxneo

Old May 25th, 2014, 09:52 PM
I figured out how to do it. Now I forget how I did it....j/k
I had to click on the "..." to change/add the tag under class to the tag under profession and then remove the tag under class. It works for now but I prefer not to have to do this for every character.

I assume then I would need to make it a global snippet, so how do I do that?

I am also debating on if I should make a separate "profession" list for the Sci Fi and Fantasy professions.

Bruce
Madmaxneo is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old May 26th, 2014, 06:01 AM
As you've seen, making changes to the Category definition doesn't affect any Topics/Articles using that Category that you've already created. You can update them manually by clicking the Options icon for the Topic/Article (or pressing F7) and selecting Quick Edit Content/Synchronize the Structure to Match the Category Definition.

When you add a new Snippet to a Category, there's an "Auto Add" checkbox in the Snippet definition. That's what makes it show up when you make a new Topic/Article using that Category.

You can't make anything Global. Global only has meaning to Categories and Tag Domains, and it means that the Category/Tag Domain is one of the ones included with all Realms by Realm Works.

Parody is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Madmaxneo

Old May 26th, 2014, 11:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parody View Post
As you've seen, making changes to the Category definition doesn't affect any Topics/Articles using that Category that you've already created. You can update them manually by clicking the Options icon for the Topic/Article (or pressing F7) and selecting Quick Edit Content/Synchronize the Structure to Match the Category Definition.

When you add a new Snippet to a Category, there's an "Auto Add" checkbox in the Snippet definition. That's what makes it show up when you make a new Topic/Article using that Category.

You can't make anything Global. Global only has meaning to Categories and Tag Domains, and it means that the Category/Tag Domain is one of the ones included with all Realms by Realm Works.
Auto-add had already been checked and I manually updated via F7/Synchronize, the class snippet still shows up and I still have to go in to that snippet and change it to profession. I even tried creating new topics under people to see if the changes took affect. They didn't.

Bruce
Madmaxneo is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
Madmaxneo

Old May 28th, 2014, 06:07 PM
Since there have been no replies in the last two days I am assuming I have a valid problem with this issue. I wonder if there are any support emails for Realm Works since they haven't yet chimed in.

Bruce
Madmaxneo is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
AEIOU

Old May 28th, 2014, 07:05 PM
Bug reporting: http://www.wolflair.com/redirect/bug...ct=realm_works
AEIOU is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
Madmaxneo

Old May 29th, 2014, 10:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AEIOU View Post
Thanks for the link, but I have now passed 3 emails between us and the last one was screen shots of what I am trying to do. I meant to update my post with the fact I was emailing tech support, but I forgot. Apologies.

Bruce
Madmaxneo is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old May 30th, 2014, 12:15 AM
Keep us updated. It'll be interesting to find out what was going on here.

Parody is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
Madmaxneo

Old May 30th, 2014, 10:47 PM
As of right now I haven't heard anything from them on this. It is the weekend but I still hope to hear something soon.

Bruce
Madmaxneo is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
Madmaxneo

Old June 1st, 2014, 05:54 PM
Still no reply from the RW tech support. But I was just going through the categories and saw what I needed to change to get this to work. I had to first create a new article under "Article Categories" which is what I had already done, but I needed to do one more step:
Under "Manage" in the categories tab I found there is a section under "Topic Categories" named "Individual". That section lists all the snippets that are listed for when new character/persona is added. It has "Class" in there and that is what I think I need to change, but all the options where grayed out. I turned off protection and was able to add the "Profession" article there. I can now add the sub categories of Profession, Training Packages, Racial Talents, and normal Talents (which is a massive list).

At first the "Class" snippet was still showing up and I had to go back to Topic Categories and go back into "Individual" and make sure that "Class" is is hidden. For those that don't know after you select individual and select class, there will be two "Shown" boxes in the window that pops up. Make sure you click off the lower "Shown" box for the category you do not want to be shown. Do not click off the "Shown" box next to where it states "Individual". I am not sure what this would do but I have a feeling that "Individual" would not be a shown section in the main tab.

Bruce

Last edited by Madmaxneo; June 1st, 2014 at 06:54 PM.
Madmaxneo is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old June 1st, 2014, 08:25 PM
FWIW, this is exactly what we were trying to tell you to do. :)

Individual is a Category. You removed protection, added a new Snippet Type "Profession" to the Category, and hid (unchecked Shown) for the existing "Class". Hopefully what we were saying before makes sense now.

Unchecking Shown for the Category hides it from the lists when you create a new Topic. It won't do anything to your existing Individuals.

Good luck!

Parody is offline   #20 Reply With Quote