Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Shadowrun
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 27th, 2012, 03:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canis View Post
Tiamat dissonant paragon: should be +1 to crack or tank sprites, yet even if you select tank sprites it only ever adds the bonus to crack sprites (and spike sprites, but those it should since they're dissonant crack/tank sprites).
Fixed in the next update, thanks for the report.
Mathias is offline   #91 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 27th, 2012, 03:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by null_void View Post
I was quite pleased to see that a great many (most or all?) of the character options can now be created from within Hero Lab. If only my GM hadn't switched to a different system...

Anyway, I had a question about the options for Metasapient AI (PC) characters. I looked through the bug reports, but didn't see it listed anywhere (and I couldn't find a "known issues" list), so sorry if this has already been asked/pointed out.

I note that you can't own commlinks or nexi if you're an AI. I know the rules are slightly different for an AI's home node (they have to pay lifestyle upkeep costs instead of buying such things outright). It seems strange, though, that an AI can't "own" some other commlink or nexus (I suppose you could always add a vehicle and put a commlink in it). Further, I didn't see any way of specifying the AI's home node other than the "Response" and "Signal" attributes, and didn't see any information concerning home node bonuses. Is there any plan to add these things?
Added to the to-do list, thanks for the suggestions.
Mathias is offline   #92 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 27th, 2012, 03:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mara View Post
Priority Chargen:
After assigning all Complex forms when making a Technomancer, the Resonance tag is still red, and the validation errors say "Complex Forms: resource unspent."

For duplication:
Priorities: A: Technomancer, B: Attributes, C: Skills, D: Human, E: Resources
Complex Forms: Command, Shield, ECCM, Spoof, Stealth(all at 5), Smartlink
Resonance Attribute: 5
5 complex forms * rating 5 each + 1 @ rating 1 = 26. Priority A gives you 35 to spend.

Note that there are two limits on the complex forms a technomancer may select - their total number of forms may not exceed Logic * 2, but the number of points they have to spend on those forms is set by their priority choice.

On the Basics summary panel on the character where I'm testing the information you've given me, these are listed as:
6/6 Complex Forms Learned
26/35 Complex Form Points
Mathias is offline   #93 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 27th, 2012, 03:55 PM
Quote:
Additional complex forms that can be given to sprites base on rating aren't showing how many at higher ratings. It doesnt error if you choose too many but it doesn't say how many to not get the 'resource unspent' error.
Please be more specific about where I should look for this issue.
Mathias is offline   #94 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 27th, 2012, 04:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mara View Post
Adept Powers: Vision Enhancement and Audio Enhancement have no ratings when
added. These powers, like the technological enhancements, add their rating to
appropriate perception tests.
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Pax_ View Post
Per the official SR4 FAQ (http://www.shadowrun4.com/game-resou...d-questions/):
When an adept buys an Improved Sense on a power that has multiple levels (e.g., vision enhancement or sound filter) are they purchased as levels or does the adept gain the max value for just 0.25 points?

The effective rating of the power is equivalent to the maximum rating of the equivalent cyberware or bioware implant.
I've added the effective ratings to the names of the powers for the next update. Mara, thanks for reporting that there was a problem and Pax, thanks for the link to exactly what to do about this issue.
Mathias is offline   #95 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 27th, 2012, 04:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptoknight View Post
Emotitoys don't work properly.

They're showing up as Drones, which is neat, except that they're dedicated Empathy software platforms with a rating equal to the level of the software they're running. The Drones are sold in ratings 1-6, which means that I shouldn't have a problem running Empathy 6 on my Emotitoy.

When I edit the Emotitoy drone and ramp it's Empathy up to 6... it only acts as effective level 3, because that's the Pilot of the drone. Except that's not how Emotitoy's work. If I buy a rating 6 Emotitoy, I get Empathy software at rating 6, not 3.
Where in the emotitoys does it say that the System rating of that drone is higher than its Pilot program would normally set, or that the program ratings aren't supposed to be limited by the pilot program, unless you purchase a better one for the drone? Are the programs supposed to have the optimization option (Unwired pg 115)? How do I solve the fact that they've contradicted their own rules?
Mathias is offline   #96 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 27th, 2012, 04:15 PM
Quote:
Unable to add skills to IC - important ones such as cybercombat and exploit etc. HL says to use an auto soft but there isn't one for matrix skills as IC are supposed to have them already.
The pilot program already counts as those skills. Why does the agent need to have them added? If you add a program that depends on that skill, the program knows its running on an agent, and uses the agent's rating instead of looking up the skill and using its rating.
Mathias is offline   #97 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 27th, 2012, 04:16 PM
Quote:
Also, what does 'fixed rating' mean in the editor? I'm asking because I've a few custom guns and I'm trying to set their matrix ratings and I've had some inconsistent results from setting a fixed device rating.
It determines whether the user sees an incrementer so they can set the device's rating.
Mathias is offline   #98 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 27th, 2012, 04:16 PM
Quote:
Also, Signal of 0 is a valid option yet the editor won't allow it.
Added to the to-do list, thanks for the suggestion.
Mathias is offline   #99 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 27th, 2012, 04:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by velinion View Post
Karma CharGen

The "Born Rich" Advantage does not increase the amount of money that can be spent.
Fixed in the next update, thanks for the report.
Mathias is offline   #100 Reply With Quote