Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Sendric

Old June 15th, 2012, 07:55 AM
Starting this thread for anyone who wants to know what I did with the Factotum's Cunning Brilliance special ability and/or wants to discuss what should and shouldn't be included.

Description of the ability:

Quote:
At 19th level, you become the ultimate jack of all trades. Your sharp mind and keen sense of your surroundings allow you to duplicate almost any ability you witness. At the start of each day, choose three extraordinary class abilities. Each ability must be available to a standard character class at 15th level or lower, and must appear on the advancement table or in the text description for that class. By spending 4 inspiration points as a free action, you gain the benefits and drawbacks of one chosen ability for 1 minute. You use the ability as if your level in the relevant class equaled your factotum level. You can use each chosen class ability once per day.

For example, if you use a monk’s flurry of blows ability, you gain all the benefits and drawbacks described under Flurry of Blows (PH 40). You do not gain the benefits of unarmed strike, because that is a separate ability in the monk’s class description.
To keep my pain to a relative minimum, I have included only those abilities that are explicitly labeled as extraordinary abilities from the core classes in the PHB. Some abilities were skipped altogether, which I'll explain below.

Here's the list of abilities I included:

Quote:
Barbarian: Fast Movement, Trap Sense, Improved Uncanny Dodge, Damage Reduction (2/--), Greater Rage, Indomitable Will

Druid: Nature Sense, Wild Empathy, Woodland Stride, Trackless Step, Resist Nature's Lure, Venom Immunity

Monk: AC Bonus, Flurry of Blows, Fast Movement, Still Mind, Slow Fall, Purity of Body, Improved Evasion, Diamond Soul

Paladin: Divine Health

Ranger: Favored Enemy, Wild Empathy, Combat Style (Archery), Improved Combat Style (Archery), Woodland Stride, Swift Tracker, Combat Style Mastery (Archery), Combat Style Mastery (Two-Weapon Fighting), Camouflage

Rogue: Trap Sense, Improved Uncanny Dodge, Crippling Strike, Defensive Roll, Improved Evasion, Opportunist, Slippery Mind
The following abilities were ignored because there are improved versions of them so I don't see much need for them:

Quote:
Evasion, Uncanny Dodge, Combat Style (Two-Weapon Fighting), Improved Combat Style (Two-Weapon Fighting), Rage
The following were ignored altogether, with explanations:

Quote:
Animal Companion - It takes 24 hours to get a new animal companion. Cunning Brilliance lasts 1 minute.

Aura (Cleric) / Aura of Good (Paladin) - These just don't seem like actual abilities, but instead just a part of who that person is. Plus, why would someone take it?
If you think there are other abilities that should be included, feel free to mention it here. If you have concerns over my implementation of this ability, that can also be brought up here.
Sendric is offline   #1 Reply With Quote