Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread

Dragnmoon

Old February 20th, 2011, 10:27 AM
Another Request,

For Faction, can you add "Other" So we can input our own Faction, Or at the least add the "Sargavan Government" faction from the Serpent's Skull AP.
Dragnmoon is offline   #51
areteas

Old February 20th, 2011, 12:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob View Post
Colen and I were just discussing this capability last week. We nailed down a way to do this that should work extremely well. Now we just need to carve out the time to add the functionality. Our #1 priority for the next feature update is customizable output, so this probably won't make it into the very next release. However, the solution is mapped out and should definitely be added next year.
This sounds indescribably awesome, Rob. Look forward to the next-next-release - should cut down a lot on the back-and-forth mathematics that currently occupy time we could better use describing the action. Plus the ability to track the duration of effects (both those caused by the players and those inflicted upon them) by round will be great.

I have mentioned part of this request elsewhere, but for spellcasters I think these additions would be quite valuable:
* Target tags for spells.
* Tags for common semi-descriptors (eg: sleep spells) to allow modifiers for these effects to be calculated (ie for elves with the Dreamspeaker racial trait or spells like lullaby) correctly.
* Full spell descriptions for spells: currently there is a disparity between the core content (which usually has just the one-line summary text input for each spell) and add-on content such as Seeker of Secrets or Orcs of Golarion, which has the full description included. For some spells, the one-line summary is wholly inadequate and means looking up the spell in another resource each time one casts it.

I realize the last request involves a fair amount of work going back through the APG and PFRPG books inputting each spell's description; perhaps this is something that could be tackled as a community project, as the spell effects have been undertaken recently? I would certainly be willing to volunteer my time for such an effort (though writing & releasing a .user file with every spell in the PFRPG and APG amended with spell descriptions seems kludgy).
areteas is offline   #52
Dragnmoon

Old September 1st, 2011, 03:05 PM
Now that we added the stuff from the Fields Guide can we add the other stuff that Cost Prestige Points, like stuff from the Faction Guide and Table 5-4 in the PFS Guide?

How close are we to being able to Organize Magic Items by Cost instead of just name?
Dragnmoon is offline   #53
Dragnmoon

Old December 21st, 2011, 05:38 AM
Looking at the Thread I started awhile back, I love how much of the requests have now been added.

There is one thing though that I still find very annoying and would be very useful, especially for Pathfinder Society Players.

The ability to reorder The Item list of stuff you are buying by Column.

It would be a lot easier if I could order my magical items by cost instead of the alphabetical order it is by default only, or to order it by type.

Is this something we will ever see?
Dragnmoon is offline   #54
scienceboyroy

Old March 2nd, 2012, 02:47 AM
I love Hero Lab. So much so, in fact, that I'd like to contribute to its continued awesomeness by making suggestions.

1. Would it be possible to include a feature that appends the same journal entry to multiple heroes at once? I've been copying and pasting, but it would be more convenient if I could give each party member (or those I select) the same journal entry with a couple of clicks.

2. Could the program support a sorting and/or grouping feature for lists? I love the filter, but sometimes sorting would be handy. (Side note: I've noticed that while browsing the "Gear" list in Pathfinder, the items' seemingly-alphabetical order starts over at the beginning of the alphabet at least twice.) I'm thinking maybe sort by name (alphabetical) or value for items and sort by name or level for spells. It might also be nice to add a "group by" function for some things; much as the current class selection list is sorted into classes, prestige classes, NPC classes, etc., it could be helpful to sort weapons by weapon type (ranged vs. melee, or light, one-handed, two-handed, etc.) or by damage type (piercing, slashing, bludgeoning, etc.). Even more helpful would be sorting feats into "combat," "metamagic," etc. Also consider grouping "adjustments" based on type-- spells, miscellaneous, etc.

Thanks for a great product, and I hope I've provided some useful ideas.

Last edited by scienceboyroy; March 16th, 2012 at 02:40 AM. Reason: Emboldened key points.
scienceboyroy is offline   #55
scienceboyroy

Old March 16th, 2012, 02:35 AM
A few more requests, this time pertaining to the Tactical Console and the window that appears when you click the "eye" button-- I'll refer to it as the "character status window."

3. Party-wide temporary adjustments. Just something that would expedite the application of such things like bardic performances and mass buff spells (specifically "Bless" and "Prayer") in Pathfinder. "Prayer" is particularly time-consuming because just about every creature involved in the battle has to have either the "ally" or "foe" effect applied, which means (as far as I can tell) I have to click the little eye button for each of them, then click the "Other Adjustments" box, then either scroll down or type "prayer" into the filter box and select the appropriate entry, and then move on to the next one. Sounds simple until you do it eleven times per encounter. Speaking of which...

4. Option to show/hide the "Tracked Resources," "Circumstances and Combat Actions," "Conditions," and "Other Adjustments" boxes in the character status window. I find that I use most of these much less than I use the "Other Adjustments" box, and it would be handy to free up some screen space by minimizing the others. Then I wouldn't have to scroll through all of the spells, bardic performances, and other miscellaneous effects my characters regularly experience in order to find the one that's currently being activated. This could help mitigate the lack of party-wide effects (#3 above).

5. Show a character's spells in the character status window like the "Tracked Resources." Literally, just like that. A counter, the name, and a "?" button with mouse-over description. It would rock immensely and keep me from switching back to the main window (the portfolio?), possibly scrolling through the list of creatures, and switching the active character (and tab) every time someone casts a spell.

I apologize in advance if there are already options to do the things I'm requesting. So far, I've not found them, but I'll be happy to have someone point them out to me if they already exist. My goal is not to complain, but to provide feedback and (hopefully) helpful suggestions. As I mentioned in my previous post, I love this program and use it on a daily basis. Literally, every day. My wife has recently become addicted to Pathfinder, and she expects another installment in our adventure every evening. Hero Lab has made it possible by dramatically reducing the amount of prep time I need in order to run a smooth session, and I've actually added creatures to a combat on the spur of the moment only to have them become some of the most memorable encounters in our campaign. My wife has commented more than once that "it would be so hard to keep track of all this stuff without that program." And when your player(s) notice, you know it's working. Keep up the good work, guys!
scienceboyroy is offline   #56
frumple

Old March 16th, 2012, 07:38 PM
Request: A way to add spell-like abilities via. an adjustment.
frumple is offline   #57
Tilquinith

Old March 18th, 2012, 10:37 AM
I would like to see a better implementation of the journal area to more closely resemble PFS scenario records.

Currently as far as I know there is not an easy way to add boons like what you can get at the supported cons (ie.. Demon/devil slayer, aasimar race, tengu race, etc...).

Also I don't understand why the generating box for xp and for prestige are separate as the scenario sheets themselves are not.

I also would like it if there was simply a drop down menu, or perhaps a new window similar to how race or items are selected to allow you to choose from the scenarios that have been published in order to get an entry with all custom fields auto generated.

I would definitely be willing to pay for a separate PFS content package to include these things if you needed to justify the extra programming required.
Tilquinith is offline   #58
Wolf

Old March 23rd, 2012, 12:02 AM
I would like as a feature if you could add something that gave the breakdown of things going into a skill.
This weekend I had a problem where a player had one thing written in his character sheet (he didn't trust a program) and I had a different number on Hero Lab. It took us a while of digging around and we found that the "tools" hadn't been equipped on the character sheet.

This wasn't the first time something like this wasn't needed.

I'm sure there is some way in the editor to see what is effecting each stat, skill (mainly) and end bonus? You've got descriptions that pop up when you do other things, I'd just like to be able to (at a glance) check what modifiers are going into a stat, skill, or other roll.

If there is a way to do this already (quickly) then I remit. I just think that it'd be a heck of an idea to have it be in a "pop up bubble" like when you hover over equipment etc. you get lots of nice jucy stuff. we just need on that when you check out a skill, you can see +3 int, +1 rank, +3 Class skill, +2 tools (+4 MW tools), etc... and then we can see if there really are troubles in the system. lol.
-woof
Wolf is offline   #59
scienceboyroy

Old March 23rd, 2012, 05:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
I would like as a feature if you could add something that gave the breakdown of things going into a skill.
This weekend I had a problem where a player had one thing written in his character sheet (he didn't trust a program) and I had a different number on Hero Lab. It took us a while of digging around and we found that the "tools" hadn't been equipped on the character sheet.

This wasn't the first time something like this wasn't needed.

I'm sure there is some way in the editor to see what is effecting each stat, skill (mainly) and end bonus? You've got descriptions that pop up when you do other things, I'd just like to be able to (at a glance) check what modifiers are going into a stat, skill, or other roll.

If there is a way to do this already (quickly) then I remit. I just think that it'd be a heck of an idea to have it be in a "pop up bubble" like when you hover over equipment etc. you get lots of nice juicy stuff. we just need on that when you check out a skill, you can see +3 int, +1 rank, +3 Class skill, +2 tools (+4 MW tools), etc... and then we can see if there really are troubles in the system. lol.
-woof
I agree with this. In fact, I would go so far as to extend it to include all checks in the summary panel, particularly saves, AC, and attack bonuses. Possibly also encumbrance.

The net effect would be a significant reduction in the number of times per session that I say, "Um... I don't know what that includes, let me add it all up."
scienceboyroy is offline   #60
Closed Thread