Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Unseelie

Old December 8th, 2010, 10:53 PM
If I enable the 'Legacy of Fire' data set, it adds the following data that appears to be from 'Council of Thieves':

Human (Chelaxian)
Human (Shoanti)
Human (Varisian)

First problem: none of this has anything to do with Legacy of Fire. Is there some way I can fix this on my end other than NOT enabling any of the SRD Adventure Path data sets?

Second Problem: If I enable the Golarion Languages data set, it adds two languages that do not appear to exist according to the Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Chelaxian and Shoanti. Heck, Shoanti isn't mentioned at all... but Chels are noted specifically as speaking Common (Taldane).

Third Problem: If both are enabled, there is an interaction, and Chels, Shoanti, and Varisians get their 'native' language as an automatic language in addition to Common. This is what got me looking at this at all, as I think native languages should be granted based on regional traits or something. Not automatic.

It's easy enough to not load the Golarion Languages pack and make my own, but I'd like to do the same with ethnicity and that means I collide with the existing data that I noted previously.

How can I correct the existing data, or at least make sure that mine is used instead of the incorrect data?

Last edited by Unseelie; December 8th, 2010 at 11:06 PM.
Unseelie is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
risner
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old December 9th, 2010, 03:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseelie View Post
How can I correct the existing data, or at least make sure that mine is used instead of the incorrect data?
Get the ID's of the offending items.
Make a new data set called "killem.user"
Do new (copy) of each offending item.
Put offending item in Replace ID field
Put a new id you dream up
Change the item how you wish (like removing source, changing sources, changing features)

Save, compile, done.
risner is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Shayd3000

Old December 9th, 2010, 08:45 AM
The reason for this, I believe, is because in Rise of the Runelords, Varisians and Shaonti are given their native language for free.

Member: Amorphous Blob Games
Shayd3000 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Unseelie

Old January 26th, 2011, 12:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by risner View Post
Get the ID's of the offending items.
Make a new data set called "killem.user"
Do new (copy) of each offending item.
Put offending item in Replace ID field
Put a new id you dream up
Change the item how you wish (like removing source, changing sources, changing features)

Save, compile, done.
That mostly does the trick. I've added the races to replace those, and used 'replace thing ID' to suppress the original version. However, the Chelaxian language still shows up, and as per the campaign setting, they don't have a native language... they speak Taldane.

If I try to use Hidden to hide the Chelaxian language entirely, I get a bootstrap error, because the original Human (Chelaxian) is using it.

What's the proper method for just removing or hiding something from a data source?
Unseelie is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 26th, 2011, 02:08 PM
For this error, you may just want to wait a month and a half - the Inner Sea World Guide will be out then, and it'll provide a definitive answer to the question of what languages exist in Golarion and what human ethnicities get which languages as bonuses.
Mathias is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Unseelie

Old April 21st, 2011, 10:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
For this error, you may just want to wait a month and a half - the Inner Sea World Guide will be out then, and it'll provide a definitive answer to the question of what languages exist in Golarion and what human ethnicities get which languages as bonuses.
Yeah, the book settles things, and pretty much the way I expected it to. Is there a reason why the languages and ethic groups weren't implemented? Or am I running into some problem due to an existing user file?
Unseelie is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
chava

Old April 21st, 2011, 10:37 AM
Actually, they have been....

Or they have been on my Hero Labs - when you select human as a race then you have a Ethneticy selection (under the 'alternate racial traits area).

Maybe reload the data set?
chava is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Unseelie

Old June 15th, 2011, 10:19 AM
Yeah, it looks like my custom data, which made significant use of replace ThingID was preventing the new data from displaying correctly, even if unselected in hero configuration. I've ditched all of the things I did to languages for the time being, and moved the remainder of my user data to a new user file. That seems to work better.
Unseelie is offline   #8 Reply With Quote