Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

NeoFax

Old March 19th, 2011, 09:03 AM
I am trying to make a Amulet of Natural Armor +1 with the added ability of +1 Wisdom added to the same amulet. Second, I am trying to add the Muffled ability from the Forgotten Realms Underdark book p. 66. What do I need to add/change in the editor to make these changes?

Last edited by NeoFax; March 20th, 2011 at 02:37 PM.
NeoFax is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Lord Magus

Old March 19th, 2011, 03:39 PM
A quick outline of how to do the amulet:
Open the editor, create a new user file and go to Wondrous Item tab.
Make a New Item (Copy) of an Amulet of Nat Armor +1, give it whatever name you want as well as a unique ID. Save it.
Make a New Item (Copy) of the Headband of +2 Wisdom. Copy the relevant (Wisdom bonus) script and go add it to your amulet, changing the Wisdom bonus to +1. Save amulet, delete copy of headband.
Save your Amulet & your user file, and hit Test Now.

In HeroLab, many new/custom things can be devised this way: by looking at existing, similar things and seeing how they were built.
Lord Magus is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Mynameisjake

Old March 21st, 2011, 12:21 AM
1. Open tools and select New Data File.

2. Select the "Wondrous" Tab

3. Select the New (Copy) button (bottom left of screen).

4. Select Amulet of Natural Armor +1 from the list.

You will now see the "stats" for the Amulet.

5. Select the Eval Scripts button (middle right)

A window will pop up with some if/then code in it. Place your cursor after this code.

6. Copy/paste the following:

if (field[gIsEquip].value <> 0) then
#enhancementbonus[hero.child[aWIS], 1]
endif

7. Close window and change name of item (top center field).

8. Look for the Unique ID field next to name. It should currently read "io?" Replace this with a short Identifier like AmTest.

9. (optional) Scroll down to very bottom of center set of options and check the box labeled "Not allowed for Pathfinder Society Characters."

10. Go to top right and press "Test Now" button.

11. Enter name for the item and save.

12. You will get a pop up that says the item must be saved. Press "Yes."

13. Wait.

14. Pop up will inform when item is integrated and compiled.

15. Close Tools then check to see if item is functioning properly.

Please note that I'm a beginner at customization myself. Following the above steps will give the effects that you want, but doesn't change the price, aura, etc. Doing so, usually involves changes that are pretty obvious, tho. Also, following these steps will make the item available without checking the "User Content Allowed" box in character configuration. In other words, it will be always be available until it is deleted.

Hope this helps, good luck, and leave a msg if you have any problems.
Mynameisjake is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old March 21st, 2011, 04:28 AM
I would make a copy of either the amulet of natural armor +1 or the periapt of wisdom +1 then add the script from one to the other. For instance, a while back I made Bracers of Armor +8 with the added bonus of Dexterity +4. I used these scripts:

For the armor bonus:
Code:
pre-levels 5000

~ If we're equipped, add an armor bonus
        hero.child[ArmorClass].field[tACArmor].value = maximum(hero.child[ArmorClass].field[tACArmor].value, 8)
        endif
and the dex bonus:

Code:
First 100

#enhancementbonus[hero.child[aDEX], 4]
        endif
For the muffling ability, you would add that as an Item Power. Try copying the Stealth ability then adjust the bonus. Also note that since Pathfinder merged the Move Silently and Hide skills, you may have to take that into account. If you want to keep "muffling" exactly as is, you would have to put a note in the description (no script) and let the players keep track of it themselves.

Edit: Note that the above scripts are for d20. I don't know off-hand if they work in Pathfinder, but either way, I encourage you to look at the Periapt of Wisdom and Amulet of Natural Armor for what you need.

Last edited by Sendric; March 21st, 2011 at 04:34 AM.
Sendric is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
NeoFax

Old March 22nd, 2011, 02:27 PM
Thank you all! I now have two working special items. I really enjoy the community here!
NeoFax is offline   #5 Reply With Quote