Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Forums > Army Builder
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Dave_Gilbert

Old February 11th, 2011, 11:59 AM
I need to do some things, hopefully on an extension file, but I'm not sure they can be done using the current interface. Any advice?

1) I've created a new ruleset on a new augmentation file, and would like to add it to a context on an existing file. I don't want to change the existing file, so that I don't have to change it again when an automatic download overwrites it.

2) I need to change the description on an option depending upon the ruleset, so that when the new ruleset is selected the description on the option changes.

3) I can add new links to units using an extension file, but I also need to either:
add 'live' restrictions to existing links using the extension file, or
change the behaviour of the link based on the ruleset using the extension file.

Any help please?
Dave_Gilbert is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
shaggai
Volunteer Data File Author

Old February 11th, 2011, 04:10 PM
On item 2, you can't even do that nominally. The only thing close to it is to have the option with the description as the base and then when the unit calls on it, change it in the description when you are assigning the option link. If you had several of these in an extention for any of the cases you want, then you can simulate it with extension links - but you may still have the unit with the original option.

On item 3, you would still have to modify the orignial link unless it already is "live" to a specific circumstance and your modified ruleset does not include it.

For example, if the link in the unit is currently something which has no live membership then it would always show unless you modify it with "!my_ruleset" - which would make it not show in your modified ruleset, but then you could use your extensions to assign a new option for that unit with "my_ruleset' so that it would show in your ruleset, but not in any other ruleset..

If the link had a live to "this_ruleset_only" your modified ruleset would not need to modify that link and as long as there were no Legality which included "this_ruleset_only" in your ruleset, it would not show. Conversely, if the link live was "!this_ruleset_only" then you would have to modify it (or do something in the Legality for your ruleset that excluded "this_ruleset_only") in which case it would not show.

Last edited by shaggai; February 11th, 2011 at 04:11 PM. Reason: clarity
shaggai is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Dave_Gilbert

Old February 12th, 2011, 09:01 AM
Thanks for the response.
I had a nasty feeling it might be dificult/impossible, but wanted to ask just to check whether anybody else had some bright ideas.
Dave_Gilbert is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Dave_Gilbert

Old February 13th, 2011, 01:06 PM
I now need, as an alternative, to check the ruleset in an eval script on an option, but I can't seem to get the syntax right (if it is possible).

Effectively what I wan't to do is:
If (tagis[ruleset.xxx] = 0) then
do procedure a
endif
if (tagis[ruleset.xxx] > 0) then
do procedure b
endif

ruleset xxx is in my augmentation file, and I can add procedure b to a new datafile I have created, so that the procedure changes based on the selected ruleset.
By this method the only change I need to do to existing files is to this eval script.
Is this workable?
Dave_Gilbert is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
shaggai
Volunteer Data File Author

Old February 13th, 2011, 03:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_Gilbert View Post
I now need, as an alternative, to check the ruleset in an eval script on an option, but I can't seem to get the syntax right (if it is possible).

Effectively what I wan't to do is:
If (tagis[ruleset.xxx] = 0) then
do procedure a
endif
if (tagis[ruleset.xxx] > 0) then
do procedure b
endif

ruleset xxx is in my augmentation file, and I can add procedure b to a new datafile I have created, so that the procedure changes based on the selected ruleset.
By this method the only change I need to do to existing files is to this eval script.
Is this workable?
I think this might work (better?):

If (roster.tagis[ruleset.xxx] >= 1) then ~case is true
call procedure_b
done ~end loop here
else
call procedure_a
endif

Try it and see if it does what you want...
shaggai is offline   #5 Reply With Quote