Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 18th, 2010, 08:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cesare View Post
Do I need to download anything or will it work properly automatically?
I've only fixed it on my copy at this point. When we publish the next update for the Pathfinder files, the page in Hero Lab where you select which game system you'll be working with will inform you that there is an update available for the Pathfinder files. I'll also post an announcement on this forum.

This will probably happen in about a week.
Mathias is offline   #101 Reply With Quote
BenT1

Old May 18th, 2010, 01:39 PM
It would be nice, if when looking at the debugging reports for tags, fields, etc, if you could resize the width of the columns by grabbing a dragging the lines. There are times when the information is wider than you can resize by just resizing the windows. Also being able to select and copy from these windows would also be useful. Save some swapping back and forth, possibly.

BenT1
BenT1 is offline   #102 Reply With Quote
bittergeek

Old May 18th, 2010, 04:22 PM
I created a high-level Oracle with the Lore mystery, and chose Sidestep Secret as a revelation (which uses CHA in place of DEX for AC and Reflex saves). Armor class wasn't calculated correctly, not even flat-footed which theoretically wouldn't even include the altered calculation.

An oracle created at 1st level with the same revelation does appear to get the math right, so I don't know the exact reproduction steps.

Also for oracles: the spells known list is incorrect. It shows both cure and inflict spells, when the oracle must choose one or the other at 1st level. It also shows cure/inflict spells the character cannot cast yet, instead of having them added only when the oracle reaches a level to cast them.

There should be a scroll bar for large numbers of languages. Currently it just truncates the list, with no way to view the rest not displayed.

Portable holes are not shown as containers.

(Sorry if these seem informal and lack data. I can submit lovely error reports with detailed repro steps if you need them, I just haven't been doing serious testing.)
bittergeek is offline   #103 Reply With Quote
Theocrat

Send a message via Skype™ to Theocrat

Old May 18th, 2010, 10:28 PM
I am unsure if this has been addressed...Animal Companions get traits? I haven't seen this in the rules, but when applying abilities for the Animal Companion I have the option of adding two traits.

Theocrat Issak
Las Vegas Lodge Gaming Agent
PFSTheocrat@gmail.com
Theocrat is offline   #104 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 21st, 2010, 09:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bittergeek View Post
I created a high-level Oracle with the Lore mystery, and chose Sidestep Secret as a revelation (which uses CHA in place of DEX for AC and Reflex saves). Armor class wasn't calculated correctly, not even flat-footed which theoretically wouldn't even include the altered calculation.

An oracle created at 1st level with the same revelation does appear to get the math right, so I don't know the exact reproduction steps.
I'm afraid I can't duplicate this. Could you tell me more about the character? Armor worn, encumbrance level, ability scores, feats?

And I disagree with you about the flat-footed. The CHA modifier is used instead of the DEX modifier, which suggests that all the normal things that alter DEX AC, like flat-footed or armor max DEX apply to that, too. I'll be happy to change it if you have official errata.

Quote:
Also for oracles: the spells known list is incorrect. It shows both cure and inflict spells, when the oracle must choose one or the other at 1st level. It also shows cure/inflict spells the character cannot cast yet, instead of having them added only when the oracle reaches a level to cast them.
Previously reported, I just haven't had time to fix this yet. (It has been a while since the original report so it's become pretty buried, so re-posting it isn't a problem).

Quote:
There should be a scroll bar for large numbers of languages. Currently it just truncates the list, with no way to view the rest not displayed.

Portable holes are not shown as containers.
Fixed in the next update, thanks for the reports.
Mathias is offline   #105 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 21st, 2010, 09:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theocrat View Post
I am unsure if this has been addressed...Animal Companions get traits? I haven't seen this in the rules, but when applying abilities for the Animal Companion I have the option of adding two traits.
I had originally decided to leave them the option to do so, in case a DM said you could add traits to your animal companion/familiar/etc., but having that purple "Choose 2" suggests that it's actually available, rather than something that could be house ruled in, so I plan to remove it.
Mathias is offline   #106 Reply With Quote
kunger00

Old May 22nd, 2010, 10:48 AM
I ran across something interesting... for an adventure I'm running, I needed skeletal dire rats. Easy enough to do without the editor I thought.

Created a new hero, selected Dire Rat for the race, changed the alignment to Neutral Evil (since the skeleton template wouldn't become selectable until I did), and added the Skeleton Template.

When I do this, I get an error on the hero saying that to many skill points have been spent. The problem seems to be that the 1 rank in Stealth the dire rat has isn't liked by the Skeletal Template.

Upon playing around with it, it seems that the Skeleton template has a problem with some races, and not others. It sometimes doubles the HD and errors out on skill points.

It appears that anything that has racial HD rather than classes only, seems to have the issue.

Is this a bug? or am I misusing the Skeleton Template?
kunger00 is offline   #107 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 24th, 2010, 10:09 AM
I'm afraid you'll need to duplicate the existing Dire Rat in the editor to create a version without pre-assigned feats or skills in order to not have the skill error.

The bug with the Skeleton (and Zombie) template HD was previously reported, and will be fixed in the next update.
Mathias is offline   #108 Reply With Quote
bittergeek

Old May 24th, 2010, 07:03 PM
The oracle sidestep secret error I reported was my fault, I found where I had screwed that up, sorry. It does explain why I couldn't reproduce it, though.

Other oracle issues... (more like feature requests than bugs)

The Arcane Archivist revelation allows the character to cast arcane spells contained in a spellbook. However, I don't see a way to add a spellbook to the character like a wizard. Casting in this way erases the spell from the book, so such a spellbook should allow spells to be written multiple times.

The Spontaneous Symbology revelation permits the character to cast all "symbol" spells even if not in the list of spells known. Mechanically, these spells should be added as bonus spells at the appropriate levels so that they can be displayed in the Spells & Powers sheet. Otherwise they won't show up without consuming a known spell slot or added after all permitted spells known have been selected and displaying a validation error.

I've found a bunch of errors in descriptive text, either text for the wrong thing or what looks like d20 SRD copy-pasta not correctly updated to Pathfinder. Is that worth reporting here? I don't want to flood the thread with twinky cut-and-paste bugs and waste developer time that could be better spent if you'd rather I hold off.
bittergeek is offline   #109 Reply With Quote
TheStiegler

Old May 26th, 2010, 07:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStiegler View Post
I checked again with version 3.6a and the natural weapon resizing still isn't working. Is it possible that it's because I had already selected Improved Natural Weapon? If so, why doesn't work for the attack I didn't upgrade, either?
Any idea what's going on with this one?
TheStiegler is offline   #110 Reply With Quote