Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Savage Worlds

Notices

Shadowchaser

Old March 23rd, 2021, 08:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapedCrusader View Post
It is not locked away. Players are completely free to use the Editor. Please pardon me if I gave you that impression.

Designing Races is by far most often the purview of the GM. There are very few games where players get to design their own Races. That being said, it's still something that's touched once at the start of the game and never used again. So having an active tab for it would mostly be a waste of space during a campaign. Races are rarely edited once a game starts. That's the reason it's in the Editor and not on the active tabs, not to hide it or make it unavailable.

The players are more than welcome to play around in the Editor all they want. There is nothing at all stopping them. The trick is coordinating it if someone edits their copy of the user file, it will then be different from all the other players. The Setting itself is rarely modified by the players. It works best if everyone is using the same file. If a player wants to add something, they can always create a separate user file that they can send out to the other players, thus not editing your original Setting file.

I said in my previous post that there was nothing stopping the players from using the Editor, I hope I've made it clearer.

Now, building Races can get interesting if it needs a new Racial Property that's not already covered, because that will need to be entered as well and then added to the Race with a bootstrap. And we can help you with that.
Ah, okay. I haven't used the software in long enough that I couldn't remember if the editor were a special feature that had to be purchased separately. I thought I remembered it being so. There are a lot of things in Savage Worlds that change from character creation to advancements once you 'lock in' the base character, so I'm not sure that the racial thing is significantly different from the other rules (like skills, for example, are point-based in creation but advancement-based later). All that said, I'll have to try and sit down and see if I can figure out how to edit and add new races in so I can teach my players how to do it. Is there a good tutorial for this process you can point me to?

Thanks again for your input. I didn't mean to make it sound dismissive, I'm just racing the clock to get ready for a new campaign now that the Pathfinder for Savage Worlds rules are on the horizon and we want to be able to include all the cool heritage options in the extended Pathfinder lore, not just the ones in the core rules that'll be supported by the kickstarter rulebook.

James Dawsey

Vigilance Press at DriveThruRPG.com

The Vigilance Press Podcast

My Art on Deviant Art
Shadowchaser is offline   #211 Reply With Quote
CapedCrusader
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old April 22nd, 2021, 03:55 PM
Buckle Up!

_
Currently In Development: Savage Pathfinder
Future Development: SWADE Super Powers Companion, SWADE Fantasy Companion
_
Currently Running: Savage Unity Inc. (homebrew multiverse theme)
Setting Files Supported: Deadlands: Reloaded, Flash Gordon, Gaslight, Hellfrost, Interface Zero 2.0, Seven Worlds, Slipstream, Solomon Kane
Future Setting Files: Savage Judge Dredd
CapedCrusader is offline   #212 Reply With Quote
CapedCrusader

Old April 26th, 2021, 03:45 PM
See what I meant?

_
_
Setting Files Supported: Deadlands: Reloaded, Flash Gordon, Gaslight, Hellfrost, Interface Zero 2.0, Seven Worlds, Slipstream, Solomon Kane
CapedCrusader is offline   #213 Reply With Quote
TCArknight

Old April 26th, 2021, 06:01 PM
Yea! Looking forward to digging in.

Working on -
  • (SWADE) WIP Savage Rifts
  • Savage Rifts (Deluxe): Update link in This post
  • Star Trek Adventures: Update link in This post
TCArknight is offline   #214 Reply With Quote
Jobe00

Old July 19th, 2021, 02:41 AM
I just noticed that both the Quick and Level-Headed Edges require the Hesitant Drawback for some reason. It should be you can't get either Edge if you have the Hesitant Drawback.

Last edited by Jobe00; July 19th, 2021 at 09:25 AM.
Jobe00 is offline   #215 Reply With Quote
CapedCrusader

Old July 19th, 2021, 10:56 AM
Yeah, that's backwards. It's already been reported so it's on my list to deal with. Thanks!

_
_
CapedCrusader is offline   #216 Reply With Quote
Jobe00

Old July 20th, 2021, 05:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapedCrusader View Post
Yeah, that's backwards. It's already been reported so it's on my list to deal with. Thanks!
Sorry. I just noticed it as I was about to run Deadlands, and I was building a Gunslinger.
Jobe00 is offline   #217 Reply With Quote
EinherjarLucian

Old January 1st, 2023, 05:07 AM
Hi! My account settings show I have the SWADE Super Powers Companion unlocked, but none of the options in "Configure Hero" show an option for this (it has 1e and 2e), and I don't see any way to download it. Am I missing some step somewhere?
EinherjarLucian is offline   #218 Reply With Quote
asvaldson

Old January 26th, 2023, 11:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinherjarLucian View Post
Hi! My account settings show I have the SWADE Super Powers Companion unlocked, but none of the options in "Configure Hero" show an option for this (it has 1e and 2e), and I don't see any way to download it. Am I missing some step somewhere?
Hero Labs doesn't have the 3rd edition (SWADE) Super powers book available.

https://www.lonewolfdevel.com/Produc...flavor=Classic

That's the only Super Powers book, and it's only 1st and 2nd for older version of SW.
asvaldson is offline   #219 Reply With Quote
CapedCrusader

Old January 26th, 2023, 04:21 PM
I'm still working on finishing Pathfinder. That one's next. I'm currently putting the finishing touches on Magic Items for Pathfinder.

_
_
CapedCrusader is offline   #220 Reply With Quote