Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

EightBitz

Old October 1st, 2019, 07:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikmal View Post
Not sure where you are going with this though? It is true that you can selectively import/export data to and from your realm that you created. But that is not what was being said above. He was saying that the value of the money he spent to buy product for his realm is no longer there. I disagreed as he is using said product and therefor the value is there.

The data he entered can still be exported if he should choose to do so though.
"So you will be able to use said content like you would any data that you enter yourself."

That statement is not true.

If I enter all the data myself, and export it, I get a full export.

If I enter part of the data myself, and import, say, the bestiary, I can't import just the monsters I want. I have to import the whole bestiary. Then if I don't want the whole bestiary, I have to delete what I don't want.

Then if I have a complete adventure, and I want a complete export, I can't get that.

The two prospects are not equivalent. I'm saying no more and no less than that.
EightBitz is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Nikmal

Old October 1st, 2019, 07:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EightBitz View Post
"So you will be able to use said content like you would any data that you enter yourself."

That statement is not true.

If I enter all the data myself, and export it, I get a full export.

If I enter part of the data myself, and import, say, the bestiary, I can't import just the monsters I want. I have to import the whole bestiary. Then if I don't want the whole bestiary, I have to delete what I don't want.

Then if I have a complete adventure, and I want a complete export, I can't get that.

The two prospects are not equivalent. I'm saying no more and no less than that.
And this was true with all content from the RW Content Catalog they released for us to purchase if we wanted to do so. We knew that going in that this was the case. That doesn't mean that you still can't use the data. As you are actually USING it even if it is full or partially doing so. It is in use.
Nikmal is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
EightBitz

Old October 1st, 2019, 09:47 AM
Quote:
And this was true with all content from the RW Content Catalog they released for us to purchase if we wanted to do so. We knew that going in that this was the case. That doesn't mean that you still can't use the data. As you are actually USING it even if it is full or partially doing so. It is in use.
Which concedes the point that the statement I called out was not a true statement. So we're in agreement.
EightBitz is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Nikmal

Old October 1st, 2019, 02:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EightBitz View Post
Which concedes the point that the statement I called out was not a true statement. So we're in agreement.
Except that you are STILL using the product you bought from LWD. While you think it was a money grab, I disagree. If you bought something and weren't unable to use it now because of RW being shelved.. then I would be in agreement with you. But that is simply not the case. While yes, you can't export their product to share that particular data with someone else.. they never intended for you to be able to do so. So not sure where you are going with that... but you can manipulate, remove, change and do what ever you want to the product you purchased with the online content that they gave to use to be able to do so.

So, if you think I am in agreement with you.. this is what I agree with.
Nikmal is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
EightBitz

Old October 1st, 2019, 02:52 PM
Quote:
Except that you are STILL using the product you bought from LWD. While you think it was a money grab, I disagree. If you bought something and weren't unable to use it now because of RW being shelved.. then I would be in agreement with you. But that is simply not the case. While yes, you can't export their product to share that particular data with someone else.. they never intended for you to be able to do so. So not sure where you are going with that... but you can manipulate, remove, change and do what ever you want to the product you purchased with the online content that they gave to use to be able to do so.

So, if you think I am in agreement with you.. this is what I agree with.
Where did I say it was a money grab? I called out one comment. When you first questioned me on it, I specified the one comment I was calling out. I pointed out how it was a false statement. And I explicitly said that that was all I was saying.

You're criticizing a statement I never made. And that's fine, except you're quoting me while doing it, which indicates you think I'm the one who made it. I'm not.

The statement I DID make, and clarified, explicitly, was one you conceded.
EightBitz is offline   #5 Reply With Quote