Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System

Notices

Provos

Old September 26th, 2019, 07:27 PM
My dm thought it would be fun to add quite a few new races for us to us. He also seems to hate Hero Lab so he tries to add things he think will not work in the program. I can modify items to add usually but this racial thing is a pain

Anyways one of the races is a Bariaur with is like a centaur but goat instead of horse. They can only use barding (his rules). How do I set it up so that the armor cost for this creature is double as it is medium. I looked on warhorse but I didn't see anything that change the cost but it seems to do it anyways. EDIT: Found out I had to make it non-humanoid.

Another issue I am having adding races is for a race called Baaz They have natural attacks. I think the bite is primary? How do I add the ability for Multiattack feat to work with it. It also has a Breath weapon based on the dragon type you choose. Is there a way to have a drop down box to choose dragon type?

Quote:
Draconain Bonuses: 2 claws at -5 (1d4 + ˝ Str) and bite attack (1d6 + Str); -5 to bite if paired with weapon attack
-Multiattack feat reduces this penalty to -2 on each attack
I think the final race I am having issues with is Modron Outcasts. All item slots require custom “mods” (double cost).

Thanks for any help

Last edited by Provos; September 26th, 2019 at 11:59 PM.
Provos is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Provos

Old September 26th, 2019, 11:12 PM
Is there a way to choose to give up access to a domain in exchange for the corresponding domain feat? As per Complete Champion pg 53

Last edited by Provos; September 26th, 2019 at 11:14 PM.
Provos is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Provos

Old September 27th, 2019, 03:09 AM
Why when I change anything in the Special Ability thing does it disappear from the Racial Traits in the game? Say modifying the Drow. Evertying I change still shows up in the Special tab...
Attached Images
File Type: png Drow Elf.png (322.2 KB, 3 views)
File Type: png Drow Elf Alt.png (227.0 KB, 3 views)
Provos is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old September 27th, 2019, 04:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Provos View Post
Another issue I am having adding races is for a race called Baaz They have natural attacks. I think the bite is primary? How do I add the ability for Multiattack feat to work with it.
I don't really understand the question. You can make a natural attack primary by adding the tag Helper.NatPrimary

Quote:
It also has a Breath weapon based on the dragon type you choose. Is there a way to have a drop down box to choose dragon type?
Yes, see the feats Draconic Heritage (Dragon Magic) and Draconic Breath (Races of the Dragon).

Quote:
I think the final race I am having issues with is Modron Outcasts. All item slots require custom “mods” (double cost).

Thanks for any help
This is something I have't quite figured out yet. My recommendation is to either use adjustments or create new versions of each item as they gain "mods" depending on what the changes are.
Sendric is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old September 27th, 2019, 04:32 AM
Quote:
Is there a way to choose to give up access to a domain in exchange for the corresponding domain feat? As per Complete Champion pg 53
The simplest solution for now would be to use an adjustment to reduce your number of domains and grant an extra feat then to use that extra feat on the appropriate domain feat.
Sendric is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old September 27th, 2019, 04:33 AM
Quote:
Why when I change anything in the Special Ability thing does it disappear from the Racial Traits in the game? Say modifying the Drow. Evertying I change still shows up in the Special tab...
Um...without knowing what you're changing or what results you're trying to produce I'm not really sure how to answer this question.
Sendric is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Provos

Old September 27th, 2019, 05:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sendric View Post
I don't really understand the question. You can make a natural attack primary by adding the tag Helper.NatPrimary
The question was to make sure the Multiattack feat from MM would work to lower the attack penalty

Quote:
2 claws at -5 (1d4 + ˝ Str) and bite attack (1d6 + Str); -5 to bite if paired with weapon attack
-Multiattack feat reduces this penalty to -2 on each attack
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sendric
The simplest solution for now would be to use an adjustment to reduce your number of domains and grant an extra feat then to use that extra feat on the appropriate domain feat.
Thanks that works

Is there a way to make the Breath Attack show up in under the weapons tab?
Provos is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old September 27th, 2019, 06:34 AM
Quote:
The question was to make sure the Multiattack feat from MM would work to lower the attack penalty
I don't see why it wouldn't. Are you seeing a problem in this area?

Quote:
Is there a way to make the Breath Attack show up in under the weapons tab?
Sure. Create a weapon in the editor and bootstrap that instead of a special. You can use the "Fixed Damage" field to set the damage.
Sendric is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Provos

Old September 27th, 2019, 04:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sendric View Post
Sorry to bother you but how do you make an adjustment to remove a domain? I see the place to make adjustment but not sure what to program in the eval script.
Provos is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Provos

Old September 27th, 2019, 07:57 PM
I found a way to do the domain in exchange for the corresponding domain feat As per Complete Champion pg 53. I did it under class variant I just changed what feat were allowed from Cleric trading Domain Bon Feat (cvClrTrDom) and it worked. That should be easy to add to the community files =)
Attached Files
File Type: email 3.5 - Complete Champion Domain Focus.user (780 Bytes, 2 views)

Last edited by Provos; September 29th, 2019 at 03:34 AM. Reason: Added file for Domain Focus
Provos is offline   #10 Reply With Quote