Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

DkHaynes

Old September 1st, 2019, 03:59 PM
Hey guys. I just loaded up hero lab today, andlearned that I had a complete data loss. Most of my portfolios were deleted (After I loaded one, I might add) and the few that are still there are getting an error saying " Errors were encountered trying to load portfolio, check that they still exist" has anyone else had this?
DkHaynes is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Lj Stephens
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 1st, 2019, 07:49 PM
Oh no! We certainly apologize for that. Please, send this in to Support@wolflair.com and give us as much detail, preferably with screenshots, as you can. Again, I'm very sorry about the data loss. Thank you for letting us know.
Lj Stephens is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old September 2nd, 2019, 12:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DkHaynes View Post
Hey guys. I just loaded up hero lab today, andlearned that I had a complete data loss. Most of my portfolios were deleted (After I loaded one, I might add) and the few that are still there are getting an error saying " Errors were encountered trying to load portfolio, check that they still exist" has anyone else had this?
Is this on iPad or PC?

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal
Farling is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
DkHaynes

Old September 2nd, 2019, 10:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farling View Post
Is this on iPad or PC?
This was on PC
DkHaynes is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Duggan
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old September 2nd, 2019, 01:02 PM
Please forgive me if this sounds like "is it plugged in?" tech support, but have you double-checked that you're in the right directory? And have you tried searching for ".por" files on your computer to see if they got copied somewhere?

Also, you may want to check to see if any of the files landed in the Recycle Bin. There are a few ways to accidentally remove files.
Duggan is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old September 2nd, 2019, 03:49 PM
More importantly, do you have a backup of your files?

Parody is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Azhrei

Old September 3rd, 2019, 10:19 AM
And I want to know if he was using the released version or the beta?!
Azhrei is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Alteregoist

Old September 3rd, 2019, 10:11 PM
Today I loaded up Hero lab and my homebrew content appears intact but my homebrew clickable source button is gone. I did not accidentally delete it.

I am in the process of reloading and re-adding the "user content" homebrew once again to each and every one of my self created homebrews.

Last edited by Alteregoist; September 3rd, 2019 at 10:49 PM.
Alteregoist is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Lj Stephens
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 4th, 2019, 04:54 AM
Alteregoist, our apologies for the frustration! Please, report this to Support@wolflair.com. We don't want to see this become a trend. Thank you!
Lj Stephens is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Dwayne

Old September 5th, 2019, 01:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alteregoist View Post
Today I loaded up Hero lab and my homebrew content appears intact but my homebrew clickable source button is gone. I did not accidentally delete it.

I am in the process of reloading and re-adding the "user content" homebrew once again to each and every one of my self created homebrews.
The exact same thing happened to me about a year ago. I did what you did and I never had another problem with it. I always make backups of everything since I assume someday there will be an update that deletes everything when it is installed. This happened in the past with another product but never with Herolab.
Dwayne is offline   #10 Reply With Quote