Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

wdmartin

Old April 30th, 2019, 07:42 PM
If I build a PC on a copy of Hero Lab that has SoM installed and then open it on a copy that does not have SoM installed, I get an error:

Quote:
Errors were encountered when loading the saved portfolio! If you notice incorrect behaviors in your portfolio, please report it to the data file authors (you can contact them from the Help menu).

Critical information not found in data files: Source 'None'
This happens even if I have disabled SoM in the hero configuration.

I did some digging, and if you crack open the .por file and poke through the lead1.xml file it contains a line like this:

Code:
<source source="pSoMFtTrNo" name="None" count="1"/>
I think this means that the there's a source defined which does not have a name. Therefore it does not appear in the hero configuration screen, and cannot be disabled there.

It can be disabled by setting the count attribute to zero in the XML, but that's a clumsy workaround at best. Could you please give whatever that is a name? Thanks.

EDIT: two updates.

First, setting the count to zero doesn't actually help -- it suppresses the initial error above, but instead introduces a validation error in the PC that says "Source 'SoM: Feats traded for Talent Progression': Does not satisfy child selection requirements." So that's no good as a workaround.

Second, I'd just like to add that the main problem with this happening is that my GM does not own the SoM packages, so if I email this .por file to her she's going to get the error every time she opens it. If it were just my own copies I would install SoM on all of them and be done with it.

Last edited by wdmartin; April 30th, 2019 at 08:01 PM. Reason: Adding further detail
wdmartin is offline   #701 Reply With Quote
TheIronGolem

Old May 1st, 2019, 05:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmartin View Post
I did some digging, and if you crack open the .por file and poke through the lead1.xml file it contains a line like this:

Code:
<source source="pSoMFtTrNo" name="None" count="1"/>
I think this means that the there's a source defined which does not have a name. Therefore it does not appear in the hero configuration screen, and cannot be disabled there.
The source's name is literally the string "None" in this case. As you probably inferred from that validation error, this is part of the option to trade some of the hero's feat progression for a martial talent progression - specifically it's the default option not to make the trade at all.

In a future update I will most likely replace the source-based method with adjustments. In the meantime, I believe your GM should be able to get rid of the errors by using the "Strip Missing Sources" option in the Portfolio menu. She'll need to do it each time she loads a new .por file that contains any SoM source references, of course (like if you send her an updated file to reflect a level-up).
TheIronGolem is offline   #702 Reply With Quote
catman123456

Old May 1st, 2019, 10:31 PM
The Tame creature talent is not counting added hit die to the HD limit.
catman123456 is offline   #703 Reply With Quote
chaoscowboy

Old May 3rd, 2019, 11:40 AM
Are martial monsters yet a thing, and is there a way to trade out proficiencies for a martial tradition? Or a way to give a martial tradition to a character through herolab in some other format?
chaoscowboy is offline   #704 Reply With Quote
TheIronGolem

Old May 3rd, 2019, 12:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaoscowboy View Post
Are martial monsters yet a thing, and is there a way to trade out proficiencies for a martial tradition? Or a way to give a martial tradition to a character through herolab in some other format?
I don't have a martial-monster template yet, but a monster can always be given the Extra Combat Talent feat. And that feat can be made free with the "Feat, Bonus" adjustment if needed.

Trading out class proficiencies for a martial tradition isn't working yet.

Any character with at least one martial talent should be able to pick a martial tradition through the Combat Sphere Abilities tab, though admittedly you'll get an overspent-resource warning if you don't have at least one level in a SoM class. I should add a "martial traditions allowed" adjustment.
TheIronGolem is offline   #705 Reply With Quote
chaoscowboy

Old May 3rd, 2019, 04:34 PM
Ok thanks. I'm trying to give my npc warriors martial traditions.
chaoscowboy is offline   #706 Reply With Quote
Anidarc

Old May 10th, 2019, 03:23 PM
How would one go about fixing this error?
"Thing 'rcSoPAberr' - Bootstrap thing 'xAmorphous' does not exist"
Anidarc is offline   #707 Reply With Quote
Ualaa

Old May 10th, 2019, 03:42 PM
I'd suggest updating all of your packages.
Just because there isn't an exclamation mark, doesn't mean that a more up to date version is not available.

I updated the ones that showed the !
And got some errors.
Going through and updating all of the packages, and they went away.

I had previously had errors and was given that advice.
Ualaa is offline   #708 Reply With Quote
TheIronGolem

Old May 10th, 2019, 03:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anidarc View Post
How would one go about fixing this error?
"Thing 'rcSoPAberr' - Bootstrap thing 'xAmorphous' does not exist"
Looks like that error is coming from the Enhancer's Handbook (specifically the Aberration trait for Animated Objects). When I am in front of my HL machine I will check on that xAmorphous ability to see where it comes from. In the meantime, if you've got a gaming emergency you could uninstall the Enhancer's Handbook for now and it should clear that error up.

EDIT: Updating your packages as Ualaa mentioned is always a good troubleshooting step too. Not sure it'll fix this particular problem but it's worth making sure you're up to date regardless.

Last edited by TheIronGolem; May 10th, 2019 at 03:58 PM.
TheIronGolem is offline   #709 Reply With Quote
TheIronGolem

Old May 11th, 2019, 11:48 AM
@Anidarc: It looks like xAmorphous is from the Community Pack. Didn't realize that when I put it in; from the generic-looking thing ID I probably assumed it was from vanilla HL. So for the short term your solution is to install that pack (which, believe me, you want anyway on account of all the cool stuff that's in it!). Longer term, I'll be updating the Enhancer's Handbook to replace that version of Amorphous with one of my own.
TheIronGolem is offline   #710 Reply With Quote