Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

Farling

Old November 19th, 2017, 02:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viking2054 View Post
not if there is a redirect problem though, right? Anyway, right clicking is a work around, easy or not as one might think. Wouldn't you also have to copy 100's of URL's?
The redirect problem was fixed in v1.17 :-)

copy-and-paste in a single CSV file when the basic format of the URL is simple (such as the traveller map) is a lot quicker than open web page, copy link, select topic in realm works, press button to paste picture in edit mode, save topic.

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal
Farling is offline   #161 Reply With Quote
Asandir

Old November 20th, 2017, 08:36 AM
Just used this tool for the first time the other night. Very slick. I was able to load some 5K spells into RW. Took a while to process that many rows of data, but it did. I am going to attempt the Feats list I have next.

Minutus cantorum, minutus balorum, minutus carborata descendum pantorum.
Asandir is offline   #162 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old November 20th, 2017, 12:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asandir View Post
Just used this tool for the first time the other night. Very slick. I was able to load some 5K spells into RW. Took a while to process that many rows of data, but it did. I am going to attempt the Feats list I have next.
I'm curious to know, are you creating the CSV files by hand?

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Farling is offline   #163 Reply With Quote
Asandir

Old November 20th, 2017, 12:54 PM
Coming out of a set of Access db's I was originally using to do some other things that kind of went on semi-permanent hiatus.

They're a collection of spells, feats, magic items and monsters I'd been collecting from various spreadsheets and form data entry into them.

Minutus cantorum, minutus balorum, minutus carborata descendum pantorum.
Asandir is offline   #164 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old December 16th, 2017, 09:22 AM
If anybody would prefer to run this tool on a MAC of some sort, then I have tried to build the latest version (V1.17) on my old OS X El Capitan (10.11.6) laptop.

The installable file should be available at https://github.com/farling42/csv2rw/...orksImport.dmg

Farling

Farling is offline   #165 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old January 12th, 2018, 10:16 AM
Hello all,

Version 1.18 has just been released that allows you to input the True Name and/or Other Names for a topic from your CSV files.

The really good bit is that you can set up several different "other name" configurations for the various flags on a name, and then assign a different CSV column to each configuration.

This means you can set up a CSV column for Revealed other names, and a different CSV column for still-hidden other names. The generated import file will ONLY contain the true/other names for the CSV cells which are not blank (so you won't end up with a blank revealed other name if that CSV column is empty).

(The correct install file is around 33MB in size. For a few minutes the wrong installation was on the web site that is only around 20MB in size.)

Farling

Last edited by Farling; January 12th, 2018 at 10:28 AM.
Farling is offline   #166 Reply With Quote
Bidmaron

Old January 12th, 2018, 06:18 PM
Very nice, Farling!
Bidmaron is offline   #167 Reply With Quote
joepacelli

Old January 17th, 2018, 07:00 AM
Any chance we can drop one of the columns as the parent item?

For example if my CSV is for Weapons and I want the parent to be Exotic, Simple or Martial from the file.

Also, Would like to generate a single file for multiple csv files.

Spells, Feats, Weapons.
Currently I need to generate 3 rwexport files, one for each and then import each one input my realm

What is your app written in? I'm a C# developer and would love to contribute to the development.
joepacelli is offline   #168 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old January 17th, 2018, 08:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joepacelli View Post
Any chance we can drop one of the columns as the parent item?

For example if my CSV is for Weapons and I want the parent to be Exotic, Simple or Martial from the file.

Also, Would like to generate a single file for multiple csv files.

Spells, Feats, Weapons.
Currently I need to generate 3 rwexport files, one for each and then import each one input my realm

What is your app written in? I'm a C# developer and would love to contribute to the development.
Hi Joe,

I will add your ideas to the list, both will require some thinking about to avoid the interface getting too complicated.

The application is written in C++ using Qt as the GUI framework; all developed with their Qt Creator IDE.

Farling

Farling is offline   #169 Reply With Quote
joepacelli

Old January 17th, 2018, 08:25 AM
Looks very nice. I assume your using the Open Source QT version
joepacelli is offline   #170 Reply With Quote