Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Authoring Kit

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
EightBitz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 1,257

Old September 24th, 2017, 03:31 AM
I'm experimenting with the character sheet (sheet_standard1.dat), and I'm confused by an issue. When I use output_label with a text element, things seem to work as expected. But when I use a labeltext script, things do not work as expected (meaning not what I would have expected).

So here's my code for what works:
Code:
<template
   id="oAgility"
   name="Agility"
   compset="Attribute">

   <portal
      id="oAgility"
      style="outNormal">

      <output_label
         text="hello">
         </output_label>
      </portal>

    <position><![CDATA[
      portal[oAgility].top=0
      ]]></position>
</template>
And here's my code for what does not work:
Code:
<template
   id="oAgility"
   name="Agility"
   compset="Attribute">

   <portal
      id="oAgility"
      style="outNormal">

      <output_label>
         <labeltext><![CDATA[
            @text = "hello"
            ]]></labeltext>
         </output_label>
      </portal>
			
   <position><![CDATA[
      portal[oAgility].top=0
      ]]></position>
</template>
In the example that works, I see the word "hello" appear where I expect it to appear. In the example the does not work, I do not see "hello" appear at all, anywhere on the sheet.

When I switch between these two methods, I'm not changing any other code anywhere else in the file. I'm probably missing something simple (again), but I've looked it over and over, and compared it to other examples. Whatever I'm missing, I haven't been able to figure it out yet.
EightBitz is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
EightBitz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 1,257

Old September 26th, 2017, 06:40 AM
Still stumped, if anyone can help.

Thanks.
EightBitz is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
TCArknight
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: NW Arkansas
Posts: 930

Old September 26th, 2017, 10:21 AM
Could it be something like the height missing for the labeltext version of the portal? Try setting the height to something 40 or do an autoplace maybe?
TCArknight is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Duggan
Senior Member
Volunteer Data File Contributor
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,167

Old September 26th, 2017, 10:24 AM
I'm afraid I'm not to that point yet, but I'll try to forge ahead tonight and see what I see.
Duggan is online now   #4 Reply With Quote
EightBitz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 1,257

Old September 26th, 2017, 11:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCArknight View Post
Could it be something like the height missing for the labeltext version of the portal? Try setting the height to something 40 or do an autoplace maybe?
I've tried setting different values for height, top and left.

The portal right above it is the hero name portal, and I tried emulating that one. The only difference I can make out is that the hero name portal has an if/then block. I tried using one of those at one point, and it didn't make a difference. Not that I expected it to, but when you're done trying all the things you expect to work, you start trying somethings you don't expect to work, just to see.
EightBitz is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 05:25 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® - Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
wolflair.com copyright ©1998-2016 Lone Wolf Development, Inc. View our Privacy Policy here.