Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Jamz

Old November 4th, 2016, 11:27 AM
I guess I would be remiss if I didn't give a shout out to MapTool which has been around for ever and always free which is a great price!

It's been a little sluggish on updates lately but we're trying to get some new releases out. We currently have a dev release here: http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic....263631#p263631

Along with a slew of new features/tweaks/fixes, one of the coolest I find is Vision Blocking at an "token" (or object) level, ie a Door can be set to block vision and the "VBL" moves with the door, so open the door, reveal the room!

I've also been working on PDF support, where MapTool can extract ALL the images (even maps from interactive modules from Paizo) from a PDF for use to build your map or tokens. Along with that there is a "Auto-Resize Map" function that helps you resize a map with grid's to align/resize to the MapTool grid.

I've been trying to think of a way to integrate Realm Works with MapTool and had a conversation with Rob at GenCon, but if anyone has any ideas, feel free to post em. I'm also looking into a deeper HeroLab integration with MapTool...

-Jamz

RPTools.net | MapTool Discord Invite

Download Latest MapTool Release | Download Latest TokenTool Release
Jamz is offline   #21 Reply With Quote
Jay_NOLA

Old November 4th, 2016, 03:21 PM
I went and bought Fantasy Grounds. It is currently on sale, 20% off, and some of the videos I had seen convinced me. The current sale price was the final things. The campaign management video almost tuned me off but to others I saw on making modules were more convincing.

I think I'll be using it and playing around with Map Tools also. I'm suspecting I'll use Fantasy Grounds and switch to Map Tools entirely at some point given what is planned for it. I already use some of the RPTools programs.

The having to have all my images in a separate folder wasn't an issue since I keep a copy of all my images try it out. in one folder.

I'll do a post on what I think when I get FG installed and installed. ( Right now I'm using a friend's computer to do email and some stuff. Mine won't be fixed till next week it looks like.

Good video daplunk showing off MapTools.

NBOS is also working VTT and you can try out a free test development version of it right now. The only bad thing no 32 bit version for older computer OS.

http://www.nbos.com/

Last edited by Jay_NOLA; November 4th, 2016 at 03:23 PM.
Jay_NOLA is offline   #22 Reply With Quote
Silveras

Old November 5th, 2016, 09:47 AM
Another VTT that looked promising was Skirmish-VT. It was in development last year, and a kickstarter for it was canceled. They appear to have a new kickstarter going, with videos of use: Skirmish-VT
Silveras is offline   #23 Reply With Quote
Jay_NOLA

Old November 14th, 2016, 11:11 AM
Found out that for Fantasy Grounds they have an extension to have maps resize for miniature use on another TV. They have some pics of it in use.

http://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums...-To-Face-games

Since I just got my computer back on Friday I'm evaluating Fantasy Grounds, but it looks like with this and some other extensions I could easily not use as many programs depending on the system.
Jay_NOLA is offline   #24 Reply With Quote
Bidmaron

Old November 14th, 2016, 11:45 AM
Fantasy grounds can also play music and sounds from a link like RW
Bidmaron is offline   #25 Reply With Quote