Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Shadowrun
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Missile Dragon

Old September 18th, 2016, 05:37 PM
I want to make a surge metagenic quality for a bat person technomancer. I want to have bat wings that will let my character to fly and I want her to have prehensile feet for hanging upside down and maybe use a rifle while flying. Can someone build these qualities and share them. And tell me how to enter them in my herolab program?
Missile Dragon is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Kiirnodel

Old September 18th, 2016, 11:26 PM
First thing I would hope for is for you to work out with your GM how you want to handle the qualities in the first place.

So, you'll need to work out the costs associated with your "Wings" quality, and your "Prehensile Feet" quality. From the sounds of things, those are the qualities you want built that aren't already available, right?

Once you know what sort of rules go along with these metagenetic qualities (costs, effects, drawbacks, etc.) then we can make the associated rules item through HeroLab. If you don't work out with your GM what they feel is appropriate for those sorts of things, then it wouldn't really matter what you have in HeroLab yet.
Kiirnodel is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Missile Dragon

Old September 19th, 2016, 11:30 AM
How would I make the wings quality similar to the drakes optional flight quality? And you can choose any of these type of wings, bat, bird, demon, dragon or large pixie wings. Bat wing should have the option to have their attached to their arm or on their back like a bird. The wings should make their armor cost 10% more. For the prehensile feet it should give the ability to hang from trees and ceiling beams even while sleeping. The feet quality should give a +2 bonus to climbing rolls. Their feet should allow them to use a longarm and other two handed weapons while flying but they will need ambidexterity quality for the weapon part and they still get a small penalty for using their feet that way. They can pick up stuff and drop it on people.
Missile Dragon is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Kiirnodel

Old September 19th, 2016, 11:42 AM
Alright, what about costs for the qualities? Meta genetic qualities for SURGE have a karma cost as well.
Kiirnodel is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 19th, 2016, 11:48 AM
Missile Dragon - I'd recommend writing these abilities up as if they were a surge quality in the book, with all the same information you'd find there - knowing all the parameters of an ability is the first step. I'd talk this over with your GM to get an extra opinion on what a reasonable cost is, and what sort of rules are appropriate for this.
Mathias is online now   #5 Reply With Quote
Missile Dragon

Old September 19th, 2016, 02:14 PM
I have the books but I do not know how to enter in most of the information like bonuses to rolls and the other commands? The help link to the commands don't work.
Missile Dragon is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Kiirnodel

Old September 19th, 2016, 08:30 PM
Are you looking for help writing up these new qualities? Or just entering them into HeroLab for your use?

You seem to be mixing the two in your responses which is why our responses are asking for you to come up with the information. If you just want help/tips creating the qualities in HeroLab, then we need the full write-ups of what you want to put in. If you need help coming up with the specifics of the qualities, then you should probably discuss it with your GM more or bring it up for discussion over on the Shadowrun tabletop forums to work out the rules.

For clarity, when I say you need to give us a write-up, I mean something like this:

Wings
Cost: XX karma
<Insert full description here>
{Including bonuses}
[And potentially drawbacks]

Like Mathias mentioned, similar to what you would see in the rulebook. Once you've given us that, we can either create the qualities (like you initially asked) or help you make them (which is what you seem to have been talking about after that).

Oh, and FYI, prehensile feet already exist as a SURGE quality. Monkey Paws. Is that good for what you want?
Kiirnodel is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Missile Dragon

Old September 20th, 2016, 12:20 PM
My GM says to make the wings quality similar to the optional drake wings power but at 8 karma. How do I do that?

Last edited by Missile Dragon; September 22nd, 2016 at 06:00 PM.
Missile Dragon is offline   #8 Reply With Quote