Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old May 16th, 2016, 10:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by radionausea View Post
Is the skill points per level adjustment part of the community pack or part of herolab? I've submitted a bug report that skill points per level can't be overridden form Eldritch Scoundrel - but thought i'd raise it here in case it's part of the Pack
When you look at the "Description" if it has a "Appears In: ShadowChemosh Adjustments" then its part of the community Pack. If it has no "Appears In" listed then its from LW. LW has added allot of the same adjustments over the years so I can't say yes or no.

The best method is to look for the at "Appears In" text.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #721 Reply With Quote
eeyore1968

Old May 16th, 2016, 02:50 PM
I restarted HL to get the error message, and it had gone away. Everything is working now. I think what I did to change it was to open the data folder and actually send all of the old files to the Trash folder; just deleting them in HL wasn't sufficient.
eeyore1968 is offline   #722 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old May 16th, 2016, 03:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eeyore1968 View Post
I restarted HL to get the error message, and it had gone away. Everything is working now. I think what I did to change it was to open the data folder and actually send all of the old files to the Trash folder; just deleting them in HL wasn't sufficient.
Shrug... Its working that is all that matters.

Hero Lab Resources:
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #723 Reply With Quote
Quintain

Old May 16th, 2016, 03:27 PM
Post-latest Hero Lab version update on COM_GMPack_FGG_TomeofHorrors - Races.user

The data files could not be loaded due to errors. Hero Lab will now attempt to load them in recovery mode. Once loaded, you can access the editor as normal to correct any errors.

The following errors occurred:

Thing 'ruDemNysro' - Bootstrap value assignment should not be assigned more than once for field 'abValue' on bootstrapped thing 'raPoiCON'

Edit:

Fix is to change the 2nd 'abValue' to 'abValue2' which is the number of saves required to cure. The 'abValue' of 4 is the amount of damage per the 'raPoiCON' racial ability.

Last edited by Quintain; May 16th, 2016 at 03:38 PM.
Quintain is offline   #724 Reply With Quote
Corwyn

Old May 16th, 2016, 03:32 PM
following errors occurred:

Thing 'ruDemNysro' - Bootstrap value assignment should not be assigned more then once for field 'abValue' on bootstrapped thing 'raPoiCON'

any idea bud?
Corwyn
Corwyn is offline   #725 Reply With Quote
Quintain

Old May 16th, 2016, 03:39 PM
Corwyn: See my prior post. I just found the fix. Will need to be pushed by Shadowchemosh. I've done a commit on the fix to GitHub

Edit: It is actually a bug, the Nysrock Demon assigned both a 4 value and a 2 value to the same field (bootstrapping it twice). It's even contrary to it's ability documentation.

Last edited by Quintain; May 16th, 2016 at 04:10 PM.
Quintain is offline   #726 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old May 16th, 2016, 04:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quintain View Post
Post-latest Hero Lab version update on COM_GMPack_FGG_TomeofHorrors - Races.user

The data files could not be loaded due to errors. Hero Lab will now attempt to load them in recovery mode. Once loaded, you can access the editor as normal to correct any errors.

The following errors occurred:

Thing 'ruDemNysro' - Bootstrap value assignment should not be assigned more than once for field 'abValue' on bootstrapped thing 'raPoiCON'

Edit:

Fix is to change the 2nd 'abValue' to 'abValue2' which is the number of saves required to cure. The 'abValue' of 4 is the amount of damage per the 'raPoiCON' racial ability.
Thanks.

Sigh... its been this way for 'years' but NOW Colen decided that its wrong. SO wrong we have to stop HL from loading user files. Thanks Colen!

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #727 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old May 16th, 2016, 04:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
Thanks.

Sigh... its been this way for 'years' but NOW Colen decided that its wrong. SO wrong we have to stop HL from loading user files. Thanks Colen!
How's that bus there taste, Colen?
Aaron is offline   #728 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old May 16th, 2016, 06:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
How's that bus there taste, Colen?
Let me explain the thought process here:

1) Colen is working on fixes to the binary.
2) Colen has an extra 15 minutes to fill. What should he do?
3) He figures he should look for this obscure issue where the same value is being set twice into the same field. OH NO THAT IS BAD!
4) He checks to see if this situation is in the community Pathfinder Pack. It is! Colen is very excited.
5) Colen then thinks what is the worse day he can release this new binary update to mess with Tim. I know "Monday" would be great because everyone "loves" Mondays.
6) Release the update and cackle in glee as Tim gets flooded with emails, PMs, and forums posts.
7) Reward himself with a funny cat video....

Here you go Colen. Thanks for the above and here is your FUNNY cat video.

P.S. - I hope its clear I am just messing with Colen right? I have allot of respect for what he does actually. I also know he is really not out to get me.

Hero Lab Resources:

Last edited by ShadowChemosh; May 16th, 2016 at 07:20 PM.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #729 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old May 16th, 2016, 07:15 PM
The release of the new "Pathfinder Pack" version 1.2 is out!

To make sure you have no issues please delete ALL the other "Packs" you have installed BEFORE downloading the new Pathfinder Pack.

Quote:
How to Delete?
(Windows/Mac) Go to Tools->Manage Third Party Updates this will show all the Packs you have installed and the version. To remove highlight Pack name and press "Delete".

(iPad) Start the app and Pathfinder game system. At the bottom of the app is the "Updates" button press it. In the bottom left side is a box (Installed Updates) that contain all the Packages (official and community) you have installed. To remove "LEFT SWIPE" on the Pack name until you see the "DELETE" button appear. Press the red "DELETE" to remove the Pack.
v1.2 May 16, 2016

Bug Fixes
  • Fixed Load Issues with HL v7.6b (Quintain) - Thing 'ruDemNysro' - Bootstrap value assignment should not be assigned more than once for field 'abValue' on bootstrapped thing 'raPoiCON'
  • Path of War Expanded (Jamel1027) - Made corrections to the Path of War Harbinger class features to reflect the current text from the book.
  • Path of War Expanded (Jamel1027) - Updated Mithral Current Style feats text with feats to reflect the text from the current book.
  • Path of War (Jamel1027) - Fixed Greater Unarmed Strike feat text to reflect the current book.
  • Path of War (ShadowChemosh) -Fixed #49. Greater Unarmed Strike feat was increasing damage based on Paizo's new Errata rules for damage dice. This has been changed to match the feats damage dice size increases instead.
  • Ultimate Psionics (psych777) - Updated feats requiring an ability attribute to all use same universal method from LW. Feats updated: Advanced Dervish Path; Advanced Mind Knight Path; Advanced Survivor Path (also was incorrectly 15); Cushion the Blow; Deadly Throw; Deep Impact; Fell Shot; Greater Cushion the Blow; Greater Intuitive Shot; Improved Cushion the Blow; Inquisitor; Intuitive Shot; Knockdown Shot; Mind Over Body; Psionic Charge; Psionic Dodge; Psionic Meditation; Psionic Overrun; Psionic Precise Shot; Psionic Sunder; Psionic Trip; Psionic Unarmed Strike; Rapid Metabolism; Sidestep Charge; Twin Throw; Unavoidable Strike; Up the Walls
  • ShadowChemosh Adjustments (ShadowChemosh) - Fix adjustment "Feat: Furious Focus" as it was not actually turning on.
  • Mythic Bestiary (ShadowChemosh) - Misc fixes to the generic Mythic Template. Fixes to the Soltengrebbe creature from Warth of the Righteous.
  • ShadowChemosh Adjustments (ShadowChemosh) - Fixed the "Unchained Background Skills, Total" as its extra skills points would fail to apply its value once you restarted HL.
  • Path of War Expanded (ShadowChemosh) - Fixed #52. Fixed the "Daisho Expertise" feat to only increase the damage of the katana/Wakizashi by die size not size. This means katana damage is 1d8->1d10 and the Wakizashi is 1d6->1d8.
New Features
  • Kingdom Building Rules (ShadowChemosh) - #51. Added new Hex Special Cost tags for Roads, Settlements, and Farms. These give multipler values from 2-9. I have these commented out as they won't work until LW releases Pathfinder v12.19+.
  • Ultimate Psionics (psych777) - Added more to the Armored Blade archetype, still unfinished
  • The Emerald Spire Superdungeon (MysticLemur) - Added Western Star ioun stone.
  • Path of War Expanded (Jamel1027) - The Agile Dancer feat has been deprecated as its not in the final release of PoW Expanded. Added Improved Quick Draw feat.
  • Ultimate Psionics (psych777) - Added more to the Cutthroat archetype, still unfinished
Data File Authoring
  • (ShadowChemosh) - Because of more advanced requirements and issues we should not be using Pick Req's to do any feat Pre-Req. I have started to change feats over to use the #hasfeat[] macro.
  • (ShadowChemosh) - Replaced all "User" timings (Pre-Level, Post-Level, Post-Attributes, Pre-Attributes, First, and Final) with normal timings. LW is going to be deprecating all the "User" timing Phases in a future update. These "User" phases serve no useful purpose and should not be used.
  • (ShadowChemosh) - Moved NNW Liber Vampyr feat tags to central place on a mechanic.

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #730 Reply With Quote