Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Forums > Army Builder
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

brentil

Old March 4th, 2015, 12:20 PM
I'm trying to build the data files for a game that has units with different modes. They can switch between these modes during game play so it's not a pre-configuration thing but information they need to know during game. Not all units are like this though.

There are 4 stats per unit and the ones that have modes have 3 modes so a total of 12 different stats. However all of the other units in the game only have the 4 base stats because they don't have modes.

I was trying to figure out the cleanest way to represent this. In the DAT->Unit->Stat area I tried setting it to something like 3/4/5 and 3-4-5 but I always get only the first value in the display of a roster.
brentil is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
etthui

Old March 8th, 2015, 01:50 AM
Hi, One of the way I think ( but it could be not one of the best, if anyone have a better idea...) is to add this stat by an option (which could be included by your squa); The stat would be changed by an eval script. ( to show the different stats, be sure not to have an accumulated stat for the stat).

By the options, you should be able to precise to the user when the "modes" are to use. ( One option for one mode).

Another way I think of would be to create an other statset, for this unit, with your 12 stat, but it doesn't seems to fit : I understood of what you wrote, that it would be 4 stats, but for this unit, with" boost" in certain circonstances.

Hope it helps.
etthui is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
brentil

Old March 8th, 2015, 05:34 AM
Thanks of the suggestions.

What I ended up doing was I made a primary stat that would be used by all other units that don't have the various modes. Then I created 12 new stats but made them hidden so the user never sees them. When filling in the data for one of them I put 7777 in the primary stat which I then made Finalize script on the visible Unit Stat that when it detects 7777 combines the 3 other stats and visually builds them into the primary stat block. I also did some detection on the Unit container to then put a legend in the stat area for each column.

I've attached an image as an example.
Attached Images
File Type: png Capture.PNG (217.4 KB, 5 views)
brentil is offline   #3 Reply With Quote