Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

ruhar

Old December 19th, 2014, 11:39 PM
Will we get to see the final numbers from the survey? I'm curious to know how everything rated in comparison to what I thought it should be.
ruhar is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 20th, 2014, 05:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruhar View Post
Will we get to see the final numbers from the survey? I'm curious to know how everything rated in comparison to what I thought it should be.
Nope, no numbers. The reason for that is simply that we are NOT going to go absolutely by the numbers. The numbers are intended as a strong influence, but there are many other critical factors to consider on our end. There are business realities, potential partnerships, relative difficulty of tasks, risk and uncertainty issues, available resources (different members of the team are more skilled in different areas), and a bunch of other factors to weigh. If we publish the actual numbers, someone will scream at us for not honoring those results exactly due to some of those other factors. That doesn't help anyone. There's also the fact that publishing the results will potentially give information to other tool creators (read: competitors), so we have to be mindful of that as well.

The survey results will be an invaluable guide for us. But they will not be an absolute determiner of how we proceed. Rest assured, if we weren't going to give the survey results significant weight in our plans, we wouldn't have invested a huge amount of time putting it together. We won't be straying from the results unless there are compelling reasons to do so.
rob is offline   #2 Reply With Quote