Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

woobyluv

Old April 6th, 2014, 08:55 PM
a completed adventure input into Realm Works for Pathfinder yet? I'd be interested to see how you set up the encounters. I have had no problem making the town, region, country for The Dragon's Demand, but I'm not exactly sure how to set up the encounters to flow from one to the next.
woobyluv is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Portilis

Old April 6th, 2014, 10:14 PM
I've done a couple of the pathfinder APs now. I've done it twofold - for locations with maps, I use the map for navigation so I can just click on the site the party are attending, whilst overall I can use the storyboard for navigation to provide continuity through events.
Portilis is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
JTenebrous

Old April 7th, 2014, 06:33 AM
I'm sure there are a number of methods to approach this subject. The one that I most commonly use for transcribing adventure modules into Realmworks is to create at least one "parent topic" for a given adventure, which contains a broad overview of the adventure and also acts as an *Index* to the rest of the adventure, which I have split up into individual subtopics. To make a subtopic, I will make each encounter into its own Topic, and then set the "Containing Topic" of these individual topics to be the "parent topic" - this creates a nested structure, which allows you to easily navigate, and if you want to get really precise, you can start manually creating links within your topic structure. Usually, in my "Parent Topic" I will make a Table of Contents which includes links to all encounters, bestiary entries, notable NPCs, maps, and any other Topics pertaining to that adventure. You can be as granular about this kind of content linking as you want. There's also content tagging, etc. So really, I guess just try to find a method which agrees with your personal logic, and then develop it from there with experience. Thankfully, in Realmworks, there are plenty of ways to revisit content at a later point to implement additionally functionality as your methods change/improve. Good luck!
JTenebrous is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
woobyluv

Old April 7th, 2014, 08:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTenebrous View Post
I'm sure there are a number of methods to approach this subject. The one that I most commonly use for transcribing adventure modules into Realmworks is to create at least one "parent topic" for a given adventure, which contains a broad overview of the adventure and also acts as an *Index* to the rest of the adventure, which I have split up into individual subtopics. To make a subtopic, I will make each encounter into its own Topic, and then set the "Containing Topic" of these individual topics to be the "parent topic" - this creates a nested structure, which allows you to easily navigate, and if you want to get really precise, you can start manually creating links within your topic structure. Usually, in my "Parent Topic" I will make a Table of Contents which includes links to all encounters, bestiary entries, notable NPCs, maps, and any other Topics pertaining to that adventure. You can be as granular about this kind of content linking as you want. There's also content tagging, etc. So really, I guess just try to find a method which agrees with your personal logic, and then develop it from there with experience. Thankfully, in Realmworks, there are plenty of ways to revisit content at a later point to implement additionally functionality as your methods change/improve. Good luck!
Do you use an "Incident" topic as your parent topic? Or "Scene"?
woobyluv is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Silveras

Old April 7th, 2014, 04:10 PM
There's a similar thread for Rise of the Runelords here where I have shared some of my approach.
Silveras is offline   #5 Reply With Quote