Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Savage Worlds
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

zarlor

Old March 17th, 2013, 02:41 PM
I've gone through the Deadlands Reloaded data file and on a whim decided I wanted to try and standardize it with the other two Deadlands files I did (Noir and Hell on Earth). In the process I found a bunch of other issues DLR that I think could use updating. I've sent a version of the file off to Caped Crusader in case he might like to use it for the "official" release (or at least use it to update the official version). If anyone would care for a link to the file please PM me and I'll be happy to pass it on.

Here are the notes I've put together about what I've done with it.

IMPORTANT: Make a copy of or, better yet print out, your character, maybe even take screen-shots of the Advance Tab, and Skills screens, especially if you have a character with an Arcane Background. Some changes required the removal of some of the original versions of those skills and Powers and there is a good chance some stuff might be missing from your sheet because of it (at least if you get any errors when loading your character. If you get no errors, everything should be hunky dory!)

Changed the Sources to group them together, removing the Source for Harrowed but adding one for The Flood.
Fixed most of the text for readability (adding blank lines between paragraphs and fixing some errant spaces that crept in from copy-and-pasting from the PDF and adding some bolding/italics where appropriate).
Fixed the Veteran of the Weird West Edge to work like those in the other Deadlands files.
Fixed Harrowed to be a Hindrance, but otherwise work like it does in the other Deadlands files (where it's base form is available as an Edge).
Removed "Unique" requirement on the "No Mercy" Edge (it can betaken multiple times depending on what kind of damage type you want it to effect.)
Modified Agent Edge to give +1 to Guts, not Grit (same effect, but technically not modifying the same thing.)
Added ammunition AS trackable ammunition of the various calibers, removing the general categories from Equipment.
Added a Uniform to equipment and Bootstrapped it for the Soldier Edges
Fixed equipment for Soldiers and added Ammo.
Fixed "Wilderness Man" Edge skill modifiers.
Added descriptions to a lot of gear.
Bootstrapped a Hatchet weapon to go with the Equipment version.
Bootstrapped to 8 oz. Nitro ranged weapons to go with the 1 pint Nitro in equipment.
Bootstrapped various weapons with their no-cost/no-weight (hidden) range or melee counterparts, like the other Deadlands files now do.
Added appropriate Separators to equipment/weapon lists.
Added missing Infernal Devices.
Added vehicles from "The Flood".
Added Double-Tap tag to Double-Action Revolvers.
Added a "Fanning the Hammer" tag for Single-Action revolvers.
Added Female requirement to "Whateley Blood (Exotic)" Edge.
Added DL-versions of arcane skills (Faith, Spellcasting, etc.) so they are visible and purchasable without having the associated Edge.
Added hindrances for all of the Veteran card draws, also to match the other files.
Added Dementia Hindrances
Added Coup effects as Hindrances, like the other files, so they can be freely added with the Advance mechanic.
Added Ammo to Soldiers

Also, as another thread on this forum points out, I've added a Minion for the "Behold a Pale Horse..." Edge, but I've also had to note in the description of it that while it adds and NPC creature to the portfolio the player will need to actually select the "Pale Horse" creature to make sure they've got the right one... for now, at least.

Also of note, there is no Harrowed "source" in this one, but DLR also doesn't have a Harrowed Edge, like the other Deadlands settings. Instead there is a Harrowed Hindrance. But that also reminded me that I need to add a Harrowed Hindrance to those other settings to make it easier to select a Harrowed after character creation.

So if anyone thinks that might be useful for them, feel free to let me know.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
dartnet
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old March 17th, 2013, 03:09 PM
Allot of the professional edges (the solider ones come to mind) have errors in there prerequisites.
dartnet is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old March 17th, 2013, 03:16 PM
They do? What errors? I'm not getting any, or do you mean the value?

EDIT: NM, I see the problem. I didn't bother checking all of that stuff, thinking they were probably right in the original file (although I found a few without really trying that were wrong in the original one. ) At any rate, the pre-reqs for NCO and Office have now been fixed if you want to download from that link I sent again. Thanks for catching that!

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)

Last edited by zarlor; March 17th, 2013 at 03:22 PM.
zarlor is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
CapedCrusader
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old March 17th, 2013, 08:39 PM
Please do not distribute a replacement Deadlands Reloaded file that has not been through the review process and released through Hero Lab. This is an approved Setting and the agreement states that all material released will be reviewed. I am right in the middle of convention prep mode, as Gamestorm is next weekend and I run the RPG department. So, unfortunately I have not had time to go over these changes yet.
CapedCrusader is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old March 18th, 2013, 03:54 AM
I have removed the file link. I would note that this was released only in the same way that other non-official data files had been released, through private message between private parties. I do not have access to the data author link that would allow for it to be an official release through the Hero Lab update mechanism, so to make it perfectly clear, in no way, shape or form was my update to this file any kind of "official" release, or meant in any way to cause issues with Lone Wolf's agreements with Pinnacle. This was strictly a fan-based data file shared directly only through private communication with other fans in the same way the files are shared through the stickied thread on this very forum titled "Where You Can Find User Greated Files for Certain Settings" and through no other method than that used there. If anyone was confused that these were somehow "official" or that Lone Wolf was at all involved with them than I must apologize again for not making it clearer that this was NOT the case.

So for now I am retracting my offer to other fans interested in an updated Deadlands Reloaded file and apologize for any issues this may have caused anyone.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Coming Eventually
zarlor is offline   #5 Reply With Quote