Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Valdacil

Old January 18th, 2019, 04:22 PM
Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find enough documentation on Configurables to figure out if what I'm trying to do is even possible.

Our group was discussing that putting a point in Linguistics gives you a language, but your understand of that language might be more rudimentary. While in this state, you might need some Linguistics checks to see if you understand it correctly or can communicate your idea properly. Taking the language a second time would grant mastery/fluency in that language.

So what I envisioned is this:
A Configurable with 2 list selections: Rudimentary Languages and Fluent Languages. A combination between INT bonus and Linguistic ranks would determine the number of 'Language Points' you have. You could either 'spend' that language point learning the fundamentals of a new language or upgrading a Rudimentary Language to Fluency. So the first selection should be all languages not already selected and the second one should be the selection list from the first selection.

I created a configurable, but since everything on there is abilities, it doesn't seem to want to show languages as an option (my candidate expression returns no results for Component.BaseLang).

Can anyone point me in the direction of the magic juju for Configurables or offer a suggested better way to accomplish what I described?
Valdacil is offline   #1 Reply With Quote