Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 17th, 2007, 11:33 PM
At 06:07 PM 3/17/2007, you wrote:
Quote:
This is going to be an even sticker issue when the RuneQuest files come out, because of the changes between Mongoose's edition (which is licensed) and the previous Chaosium/Avalon Hill editions (which are not).
I've still got my original 1st Edition copy of Runequest on the shelf. It's battered from use and needs help holding itself together. I also have my old 1st Edition copy of Vampire. So I have a very soft spot for these "old" games. If there is a reasonable way in which we can support the older versions in addition to the newer ones, we'll do so. However, there are practical limits to what can/can't be reasonably accomplished. For example, trying to support D&D 2nd Edition and 3rd Edition in the same set of data files would be ridiculous to try.

We have not yet looked closely at the technical and time implications of supporting both old and new editions of either the WoD or Runequest systems. Once we do, we'll make an assessment. If the extra work is not significant, we'll strive to provide compatability with older editions, but our first priority will always be the current edition.

-Rob
rob is offline   #11 Reply With Quote