Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Broley

Old May 15th, 2014, 03:54 AM
I'm sorry if this has been asked before, or if it's something I should already 'know' by now but I couldn't narrow it down enough. While I have been playing RPG's since the 70's, it's only in the last few months that I've started using the computer to help run things, it's always been PnP.

So anyway, as soon as I get a new laptop I'll be getting Realm Works to go along with Hero Lab, but there's a couple things I'm not clear on and I'm hoping those more experienced can guide me.

I know that Realm Works uses, I think they're called Bit Maps, and I'm sure there are web sites I can buy pre-made area maps and I'm sure that would be helpful for building dungeons and cities, I'm more interested in creating world maps.

Let me please describe my "Dream Map Maker" and perhaps you folks can tell me if such a thing exists.

I imagine a map maker that I can use to create the "World" map letting me shape the world (or at least the main adventure area/world/continent/whatever) placing major mountain ranges, forests, major cities and large trade route roads and the like. Then I'd be able to zoom in on an area for smaller details like smaller roads, rivers and stream, towns and villages. Then zoom in closer for fine details and landmarks. And then I'd be able to create underground areas like caves and dungeons and lastly street view maps of cities and towns .. even hopefully interiors of buildings as well.

So basically I'm hoping a program exists that does damn near everything map-wise. I know, google is my friend, but every program I find blows their own horn so loud it's hard to tell which actually does what I would want.

So I've come to you all asking for your experienced guidance.

Thank you

Signed - The Stupid new Guy
Broley is offline   #1 Reply With Quote