Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

thaX

Old March 24th, 2012, 08:49 AM
I know this can be done in the program somewhere. I currently have two character using boons to play a race not normally allow in society. (Teifling and Tengu)

I am wanting to allow Hero Lab (TM) to have a permanent adjustment to allow those races for the specific character. It should not effect the other society characters (to allow them access to the race as well)

anyway for me to do this? Is there plans for a boon adjustment section in the program at some point?
thaX is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 24th, 2012, 10:24 AM
Like any other rule in Hero Lab, the PFS rule that forbids you from selecting a race other than the base 7 is one that you can ignore in Hero Lab if you have the permission of your GM.

Since you'll have the sheet with that boon with your character, you do have that permission.

So, just add the race, and ignore the error report.
Mathias is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
thaX

Old March 25th, 2012, 11:11 AM
That is what I am doing at the moment, but I would like someway to adjust the rules with boon exceptions just as the rules have been adjusted with the boons. Also would like to be able to add other boons that add things for the character (like the Demon Slayer boon, which this character also has) so that the math can be applied accordingly.
thaX is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Nikmal

Old June 25th, 2012, 06:21 PM
Mathias, It is one thing to point someone to another thread but NEITHER thread provides a solution for it. It is annoying with the red showing up in HL because it also shows up on the character sheet as well. Can it be resolved in at least one of the threads?????
Nikmal is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 25th, 2012, 07:47 PM
You are doing something that is not allowed by the rules. You have specific GM permission (on that chronicle sheet) to do so. Anyone who looks at your character sheet should see that you're doing something out of the ordinary. The solution is to ignore the error message and proceed with character creation.

The real problem is new players - we want them to see the error message, or they'll assume that they're allowed to do so because HL says they can.
Mathias is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old June 26th, 2012, 05:51 AM
Would it be possible to get a function where you can tell HL that certain rules are allowed? Like, if the GM allows a certain race that HL would otherwise flag, could there be a button that you can click that says "this rule is allowed, don't show the error anymore"?
Sendric is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Nikmal

Old June 26th, 2012, 09:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
You are doing something that is not allowed by the rules. You have specific GM permission (on that chronicle sheet) to do so. Anyone who looks at your character sheet should see that you're doing something out of the ordinary. The solution is to ignore the error message and proceed with character creation.

The real problem is new players - we want them to see the error message, or they'll assume that they're allowed to do so because HL says they can.
that is a good point!! Did not think of it that way hehe. Thanks!
Nikmal is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Narl

Old July 17th, 2012, 07:00 PM
It is pretty annoying that there is no way around this. I track my three PFS characters, plus five more PFS characters for my three kids who play, and no matter what character I'm looking at I see the big red exclamation point.

There are a lot of race boons being handed out at cons now so more and more players are going to have non-standard races. Surely there has got to be some way to override this, since it is a legal option in PFS?
Narl is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
poizen37

Old July 19th, 2012, 03:00 AM
Perhaps an "ignore this error" button on the error page? If you click it and there are not more errors, the error exclamation point could grey out or at least become less obtrusive. It would still be there so that the player wouldn't forget its there or a GM examining the character would still see the error message, but the user would be able to tell the difference between a new error message that needs to be corrected and the same old error message he's purposely ignoring.

Last edited by poizen37; July 19th, 2012 at 03:02 AM.
poizen37 is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
TyRi

Old August 22nd, 2012, 02:18 PM
I received a Boon for the Nagaji - how can I add a new race? I checked out the edit function, but I was unable to find or change any race data
TyRi is offline   #10 Reply With Quote