Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

DarokinB

Old January 14th, 2013, 07:12 AM
Hey all, so we had our first session using HL again yesterday and it worked great! I especially love the export feature into fantasy grounds.

I did notice a problem however. The lycanthropes shape change does not jive with the SRD. According to the alternate form rules, when a creature changes shape to a larger or smaller size, the weapons and armor they have also change to match that size (This does not apply to druids' wild shape). Currently, when my werebear turns to hybrid form, he gets a ton of penalties for his weapon and armor not being the correct size.

I know I can fix this with overrides, but I can't trace his change shape ability all the way back. Where do the adjustments get made when I activate his alternate form?

I also should note, I created a copy of the werebear template. I did not want to give him the HD associated with the class (he would be forced to go a long time without leveling, etc) so I created a HD-less version of the template. It all worked fine, except I noticed that when he changes shape, his attack bonus drops by 1. Why is that happening?

Thanks!
DarokinB is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old January 14th, 2013, 07:45 AM
I haven't done anything with the lycans. My guess is the script(s) in place for changing shape don't cycle through the weapons and armor and change their size. That's something you should be able to do either by writing a new change shape script or by making an adjustment.

As for the attack bonus, I believe that's caused by the increased size. There is a size modifier of -1 to attack when you change shape from medium to large (as a wearbear would do).
Sendric is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
DarokinB

Old January 14th, 2013, 07:51 AM
Sendric to the rescue again! haha. For the first one, I figured. The problem is that it is not in any of the community content packs, so I have no idea where to find it to override and update the info. It seems like the different forms assign specific values to fields, and then call the same ability, LyHybrid. I just don't know where to find the LyHybrid script to fix it (through overrides).

The second is not true, or else it is coded incorrectly. Large size does give a -1 to attacks, but it does not lower the base attack bonus (in this players case, dropping him from a +6 to a +5, losing his iterative attacks, which he should not). It could just be coded incorrectly, but again, I cannot fix it if I don't know where it is.
DarokinB is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Kendall-DM
Spy

Old January 14th, 2013, 09:23 AM
In the first, the LyHybrid is not a script, it is a tag, letting HL know which form you have chosen. These are either to base form (no tag active), the hybrid form (LyHybrid), and the animal form (LyAnimal). So, in the In Play tab, when you check the Hybrid Form, the hero is assigned the LyHybrid tag, which then runs the hybrid code. That code itself is in the actual lycanthrope template. That said, these changes must be put there (you will look to see if the Hero.LyHybrid tag has been assigned, then make changes to the weapons it is carrying). Frankly, with the changes to the way alternate form works, before those changes these weapons (or armor) did not change size, but they seem to do so now. I thought I had finished my game's changes to lycanthropes, but you've pointed out something I need to fix. It will go something like this:

@First/22000
Code:
doneif(hero.tagis[Hero.LyHybrid ] = 0)

foreach pick in hero from MyGear
  eachpick.field[gSizeMod].value += 1
  eachpick.field[gWeight].value *= 2
nexteach
The timing should be about right, but I'm guessing at this point. Also, you might have more conditionals depending on if the gear is "wearable" in that form. And I think it leaves the natural attacks alone (which it should).

As for the second part, that is a quirk with HL, the Attack Bonus you see on the character IS NOT the Base Attack Bonus, it is the modified BAB, which in this case, would be down 1. I'm not sure why they went with the design decision not to show the BAB instead, you'll have to ask LW about that.
Kendall-DM is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
DarokinB

Old January 14th, 2013, 09:43 AM
Thanks! That worked perfectly! And it did not effect natural attacks.

Re: Attack bonus. I had not noticed that before. I wish that you could have a mouse over tool tip for the break down of attack bonuses much like you have with AC. I recognize that it would be a lot of work to add that, but it would be nice!
DarokinB is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old January 14th, 2013, 09:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendall-DM View Post
As for the second part, that is a quirk with HL, the Attack Bonus you see on the character IS NOT the Base Attack Bonus, it is the modified BAB, which in this case, would be down 1. I'm not sure why they went with the design decision not to show the BAB instead, you'll have to ask LW about that.
Just to add to this, I ran a quick test, and as far as I can tell, the iterative attacks aren't affected. I'm sure the character I used isn't exactly the same as yours, but the iterative attacks shouldn't be changing when you go into hybrid form (or animal form for that matter).
Sendric is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Kendall-DM
Spy

Old January 14th, 2013, 09:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarokinB View Post
Re: Attack bonus. I had not noticed that before. I wish that you could have a mouse over tool tip for the break down of attack bonuses much like you have with AC. I recognize that it would be a lot of work to add that, but it would be nice!
And it would be nice if it would show the size and the space/reach of each thing too, but that also has been excluded.
Kendall-DM is offline   #7 Reply With Quote