Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Data Files > Warhammer Fantasy 8th Ed.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

petesmom

Old January 1st, 2006, 04:15 PM
The Lore of Life rules as AB describes them do not agree with the Warhammer rulebook. What AB seems to be using is the trial rules from the UK website, where the US website has the rules as they are in the Warhammer rule book. The staff at the GW store where I game says that the trial rules were never made official, and that the rules in the rule book are the only correct ones. Are they right, or has GW changed and they don't know? If the trial rules were not adopted, can you change the descriptions for the Lore of Life spells so I can use my army list and not have to look at the book to check my spells?

Thanks for you help.
petesmom is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Ghaz

Old January 1st, 2006, 07:07 PM
While not official, they are very widely used. They're even used at GW's own Grand Tournaments in the UK.

So what are the majority of the people who do use the revised lores supposed to do?
Ghaz is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
petesmom

Old January 2nd, 2006, 05:47 AM
I think that this requires clarification from GW. All of us who are forced to use Life and Beasts ( I have to because I play Bretonnians) and those who love to use Heavens need to ask them to fish or cut bait, as it were. Either stop using them or make them official. The trial rules header even states that the author thinks that nobody uses Life and Beasts, so we Bretonnians are considered step-children from that remark. Maybe if they realized how much problems it causes they will take a stand. Martha (petesmom)
petesmom is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
GMTemplar

Old January 2nd, 2006, 01:08 PM
Don't hold your breath about GW clarifying that, they seem to be having a new policy about what is official/unofficial now (that is, there are no more unofficial elements at all - tournaments and gaming communites regulate themselves). The lores will automatically be updated when 7th ed comes out, until then the revised lores are the best we got.

Great majority of players and tournaments use the revised lores so I suggest you start lobbying your local shop to switch in to playing with them too. There is no point in playing with the old broken spell lists when a better option is available (UK GT rules should be quite a good indicator of the new lores being much more balanced - besides it being blindingly obvious).
GMTemplar is offline   #4 Reply With Quote