Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Mutants & Masterminds
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

SeeleyOne

Old April 12th, 2013, 01:19 PM
The only way to increase Power Level in-game is by using the Journal. This is ok for most games, but some settings (Paragons comes to mind) has it where you spend PP on increasing your PL.

I want to make it so that each PL costs 20 per increase. My current method is to buy the power and then go to Journal and increase it manually. However I believe that Hero Lab is capable of doing it automatically.

I THINK that it may involve this:
Code:
Field CurrentPL: Power Level Final" priority="1000" phase="Traits Calculation
It is hard to say, as the mutants3 lacks the source folder that is found in the savage folder for Savage Worlds. In that folder one can find useful tags.
SeeleyOne is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
SeeleyOne

Old February 20th, 2014, 12:54 PM
I have to admit that I find it less than pleasing that I never got a single response in the past year. However, as I have played with other systems (Savage Worlds and Pathfinder), I was able to figure this one out. It took me all of 5 minutes to do.

I made a power called Power Level and made it cost 20 PP.
Then I made an eval script.

Phase: Traits Calculation
Timing: 500
Code:
 herofield[CurrentPL].value += field[pwRanks].value

Evil wins because good rolls poorly .... or the players are not paying enough attention to the game.

Last edited by SeeleyOne; February 20th, 2014 at 12:59 PM. Reason: += pwRanks makes it so you can keep adding it as you spend PP to increase the PL
SeeleyOne is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
SeeleyOne

Old June 15th, 2014, 09:01 PM
I added a second eval script to the same power. The point is to make it so it will charge the PP, but afterwards it does not show up as the character's total PP. Without the second script it will bloat the PP total of a character. For example, after spending PP to increase the Power Level twice by having it be a power it will show that the character is worth 40 more PP than it should be, and that 40 PP have been dumped into Powers. The points are still spent, and it will still show Power Level 2 for 40 PP in the list of powers, but it will not otherwise affect the PP total (besides reducing the total by 40 PP, of course).

The second Eval script is Traits Calculation 2000
Code:
~Determine Rank cost
var cost as number
cost = 20 * field[pwRanks].value

~Power Level cost does not count towards total.
herofield[TotalPP].value -= cost
hero.child[pptPower].field[pptUsed].value -= cost

Evil wins because good rolls poorly .... or the players are not paying enough attention to the game.
SeeleyOne is offline   #3 Reply With Quote