Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

tarthrin

Old December 2nd, 2011, 05:30 AM
I have been using Army Builder for a few years now. One of the things I like about it is that when one of your units has a special rule there is an option to print a quick description of what that rule is.

Is there such a thing in Hero Lab? I downloaded the demo and I like how you can make a character but the character sheet is incredibly lacking in information. The character sheet shows you have a trait or feat but not what it does.

For example. If I give my character the trait "Charming" it gets listed on the character sheet but does not say what it does, there is no special bonus listed under skills.

This is what I would like to see:
Charming (+1 Bluff/Diplomacy and +1 DC on language-based spells versus sexually attracted creatures)

If there is no way to show this, it sorta defeats the purpose of the character sheet, as I would have to constantly look up all the abilities or hand write on the sheet.

Am I missing an option? Is it just because it is the demo? Or is Hero Lab not for me?
tarthrin is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
tarthrin

Old December 2nd, 2011, 06:15 AM
Never mind! I am a noob. I looked all over again and I found it under "configure hero" output options waaay down at the bottom.

Answered my own question. Now I gotta buy HL!
tarthrin is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Duggan
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old December 2nd, 2011, 06:24 AM
As a side note, at least for Mutants and Masterminds, this description is not found on things like the BBCode output nor is there an option to turn it on. Theoretically, you could pull it out of the Custom Output although there's some work involved there.
Duggan is offline   #3 Reply With Quote