Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Kendall-DM
Spy

Old October 25th, 2011, 07:00 AM
Each weapon currently has the fields to support this, but doesn't actually use the ranged one at all. The most this would require is the additional damage table that slaps it all together for presentation. We already have the attack values split, how hard would it be to have the damage values do the same?
Kendall-DM is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Kendall-DM
Spy

Old November 10th, 2011, 08:29 PM
Just thought of another request that kind of goes hand and hand with this. There needs to be a way to designate whether a weapon that is both a melee weapon and a ranged weapon is being used as either. It really annoys me that whenever I go to look at the attack values for a ranged attack on say, a javelin, I only see its melee value. Either that, or a weapon that is PRIMARILY used as a ranged weapon should have that attack value taking priority over the melee value. I'm almost to the point that I'm going to go in and replace these weapons with ranged versions only, that's how much this peeves me. Anyone else?
Kendall-DM is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old November 11th, 2011, 12:10 PM
How about a checkbox (called "Use Ranged") on weapons that are both melee and ranged? When checked it will not apply the melee attack/damage modifiers, and will use the ranged ones instead.

I'll run this by Colen and see what he thinks as well.
Aaron is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old November 11th, 2011, 12:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
How about a checkbox (called "Use Ranged") on weapons that are both melee and ranged? When checked it will not apply the melee attack/damage modifiers, and will use the ranged ones instead.

I'll run this by Colen and see what he thinks as well.
Seeing as how my character uses daggers & thus has the option to either throw it or stab with it each round, it would be nice to have both values displayed (onscreen & on the printed character sheet) in much the same way it now displays Primary/Offhand weapon stats.

However, I can live with the checkbox option.

I would ask that engaging that checkbox also ensures the "ranged" numbers are what gets saved to the PDF/printed out.

Nigel Fogg, aka The Wayfarer
Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Kendall-DM
Spy

Old November 11th, 2011, 02:48 PM
It's a fix that I can live with, but you will have to ensure that the damage modifiers on weapons for both melee and ranged are active. As it stands, the ranged damage field does nothing no matter what I put in there, it is simply ignored. As Nigel said, the real problem comes on output, when you will need both values listed.
Kendall-DM is offline   #5 Reply With Quote