Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Mutants & Masterminds
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

JDRook
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Send a message via AIM to JDRook Send a message via Yahoo to JDRook Send a message via Skype™ to JDRook

Old January 11th, 2010, 06:40 PM
Just noticed this: I seem to have the optional MaMa skills Gamble and Navigate as part of my basic skills selection on HeroLab, and if I check the New Skills configuration option, those skills both appear twice on the selection list as well as on the print preview.

I'm running 3.5 and I haven't opened up any of the code on my HL yet. Has anyone else noticed this?
JDRook is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
roguescribner

Old January 15th, 2010, 07:05 AM
Those are also part of the Warriors & Warlocks setting. Do you have that checked when you load a new profile? If you have both the W&W and MaMa options checked, those skills will appear twice.
roguescribner is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
JDRook

Send a message via AIM to JDRook Send a message via Yahoo to JDRook Send a message via Skype™ to JDRook

Old January 15th, 2010, 09:51 AM
I'm not in front of my home PC, but that sounds right. Even so, that probably should be fixed at some point.

On a related note, is there a simple way to change the options for all characters in the same portfolio set?
JDRook is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Duggan

Old January 15th, 2010, 11:45 AM
I'm not in front of my computer either, but knowing what I do about HL naming conventions, they probably named the one skMMGamble and the other skWWGamble and therefore the system doesn't know to replace the one with the other.

Although... come to think of it, I think you generally have to explicitly replace one with the other (I know there's a field for doing so). This could get tricky with two optional sources.
Duggan is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Duggan

Old January 16th, 2010, 12:28 AM
Huh! I got the names perfectly right it turns out. But yeah, that's basically the issue.
Duggan is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 18th, 2010, 07:08 PM
Yeah, this was a problem with me forgetting to remove one duplicate set of skills. It'll be fixed in a future update.
Colen is offline   #6 Reply With Quote