Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Data Files > Warhammer 40,000
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

kovalt

Old December 4th, 2007, 11:04 PM
I'm interested in buying army builder but when i ran the demo version i couldn't run a command squad with my HQ techmarine.

In the rules it's kind of vague as to weather or not he can or can't have one. All my normal ICs can have one but it doesn't say one way or the other in the scions of mars entry. The guy who runs all our 40k tournaments couldn't even give me a clear answer on it but was leaning towards them having one.

I've been running my army with a techmarine HQ and command squad would need to be able to show this with army builder. Will that be possible cause my only option with the current copy would be to tag on an extra HQ with the squad and just deduct the pts cost and char from the results. Kind of a pain in the butt to do but i'll most likely do it anyways if i have to i really do like this program.
kovalt is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Ghaz

Old December 5th, 2007, 08:52 AM
Unless it says that he can have one, then he can't. That's the way rules work. If it's not specifically permitted, then it's not allowed. Just because the other HQ's have access to a Command Squad does not automatically grant it to a Techmarine just because he's now an HQ choice. The datafiles are correct.
Ghaz is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
kovalt

Old December 5th, 2007, 11:48 AM
Ah, then what would be the deference between a techmarine upgraded to HQ as opposed to an Iron Father, would that allow me to run a command squad or is it the same deal? i haven't been able to find the Iron Hands rules. I didn't really see a difference in the army builder between iron hands and my own chapter's choices. Cause it seems kind of silly that he can be an HQ but not be able to do anything an HQ choice normally does for your army.
kovalt is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 5th, 2007, 08:42 PM
The benefit is that you can have 6 dreads and still have a techmarine around to repair them. The Iron hands rules are on page 45, in the grey box, and there is no difference between an Iron hands army and a notable divergence chapter with the same traits and disadvantage.
Mathias is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Ghaz

Old December 5th, 2007, 09:51 PM
Not all choices are meant to provide a huge benefit. Somne are meant to be mainly fluffy.
Ghaz is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
kovalt

Old December 6th, 2007, 10:10 PM
Yeah but thats just it, it totally destroys all the tons and tons of fluff I've made for my army since before i even had my army. It pisses me off cause i like writing fluff for my army as much as building painting and playing 40k and now i have to totally rebuild my chapter in that reguard. I vow to annoy GW about this. :evil:
kovalt is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Ghaz

Old December 9th, 2007, 05:42 AM
GW writes the rules to their fluff, not yours.
Ghaz is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Dragonclaw01

Old November 29th, 2013, 04:35 PM
I have seen nothing anything new from teh Iron Hands supplement, like the chapter relics or the warlord traits. Couldn't those be added? If someone could show me how, I'd do it myself.
Dragonclaw01 is offline   #8 Reply With Quote