Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Darkwolf

Send a message via Yahoo to Darkwolf

Old February 22nd, 2010, 07:33 AM
I had to reinstall Her Lab on my original computer. Now I've bought a new laptop, how do I install HL on it since I've already used up the two installs? Do I have to buy it all over again?
Darkwolf is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 22nd, 2010, 08:12 AM
If it's been more than 120 days since your first install of computer 1, then there'll be no problem re-assigning the main license to the new computer. If it's been less than 120 days, see this thread: http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=9483 for the details you'll need to include when you email support. They can unlock your locense, so you can transfer it to a new computer.
Mathias is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 22nd, 2010, 09:39 AM
The idea is that you use one license on each computer that you intend to run Hero Lab on. If you replace/upgrade a computer, then you should continue using the same license on that computer. If you get a new computer that you want to run HL on *as well*, then you need to use an additional license.

Product purchase includes the one initially issued license, plus access to one additional license secondary license if you need it. So you can run HL on two computers with the initial purchase.
rob is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Duggan
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old February 22nd, 2010, 10:30 AM
And, if I recall correctly, the secondary license is somewhat more amenable to reinstallation (shorter period?) so if you know that you frequently rebuild one machine, use the secondary license on it.
Duggan is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 22nd, 2010, 11:24 AM
Actually, there is no difference in the waiting periods across the licenses. What you might be getting confused with is that each license has its own "clock". So if you activate license #1 on date X and then later activate license #2 on data Y, license #1 can be re-activated on a new/upgraded computer sooner than license #2. This can make it appear that one license is modifiable sooner than the other.

The reason for the waiting period is so that a gaming group can't buy one license and then immediately share it on everyone's computer in the group. However, sometimes unexpected surprises occur (e.g. disk crashes, viruses, etc.), and we understand that. If you send an email to support with a brief explanation, we can modify a license to eliminate the waiting period and get you running again.
rob is offline   #5 Reply With Quote