Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Lehmann

Old July 11th, 2013, 01:02 PM
I'm making a class with the following power progression:

Wild rider levels count as barbarian levels for rage duration and rage power eligibility, and as druid levels for the purpose of animal companion. I'm looking for a barbarian cavalier hybrid.

1st level: Gain Ferocious Mount or your mount gains Combat Reflexes
6th level: Gain Ferocious Mount, Greater or your mount gains Bodygaurd
11th level: While mounted, Ferocious Mount no longer uses double rage or you and your mount gain Paired Opportunists.
16th level: While mounted, your mount can use rage powers that take actions (although powers that can only be used a certain number or times per rage have the uses shared between you), or your mount goes up a hit die type

I've got it so that the levels count for Animal Companion level and rage duration (I modify hero.child[cAnimClass].field[CompClLev] and hero.child[cHelpBbn].field[cSpecBonLv]), but I can't get them to count for meeting the level requirements of Rage Powers.

I also don't know how to reach the animal companion from the hero, so that I can have a custom power that gives the animal companion rage bonuses.

I also need to know how to check if the hero is mounted on his animal companion.

Thanks in advance,

Aaron Lehmann
Lehmann is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
risner
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old July 11th, 2013, 01:16 PM
Check for Condition Mounted
risner is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Lehmann

Old July 11th, 2013, 02:11 PM
Yes, but how do I determine that he's mounted on the companion and not on a burro or something? I need to know how to get at a character's mount/animal companion from the hero context.
Lehmann is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Lehmann

Old July 11th, 2013, 05:59 PM
I figured out the problem. The Mounted condition has (I believe) a bug in the code. It checks if the mount is selected with:

Quote:
doneif (field[pMount].ischosen = 0)
That doesn't work in HL 4.2, the "Other Mount" option is a child pick with an id of "OtherMount", so something IS selected, and the test returns 1 no matter what. The way I got it checked was:

Quote:
compare(hero.child[pstMounted].field[pMount].chosen.idstring, "cAnimComp")
Since there's only going to be one cAnimComp, this works (although I wonder how it would play with the druid archtype that allows more than one animal companion).

Anyway, thanks for pointing me to the condition, I hope someone can verify whether this is a bug.

Last edited by Lehmann; July 11th, 2013 at 06:07 PM. Reason: typo
Lehmann is offline   #4 Reply With Quote