Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hyrum

Old April 5th, 2010, 07:47 PM
I'm putting together a new prestige class and I'm running into trouble on the prereqs. Here's what the class requires:

Quote:
Ability Scores: At least two ability scores of 16 or higher.

Skills: 3 skills with 5 ranks.
I don't have a clue on the ability score test, but I've tried two different ways on the skills and neither is working.

The first uses the following script as an Expr-reqs:

Quote:
#skillranks[AllSkills] >= 5
Nothing. :/

The other script I'm lifting from the Loremaster, this time from the Pre-reqs field:

Quote:
~search through all the skills we have and count how many we have 5+ ranks in
var bonus as number
foreach pick in hero from BaseSkill where "Helper.AllSkills"
if (eachpick.field[skUser].value >= 5) then
bonus += 1
endif
nexteach
validif (bonus >= 2)
Again, nothing. What am I getting wrong?

While I'm here, how do I let the class choose Domain powers (not domain spells, just their powers)? I can't find where the cleric is getting the ability from.

Hyrum.

Last edited by Hyrum; April 5th, 2010 at 07:49 PM.
Hyrum is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old April 6th, 2010, 12:38 AM
Do you have those test scripts on the Class thing or the Class Level thing? The tests have to be on the Class Level thing to actually work. I can't tell you why, but I know I learned that the hard way also.

I put your skill test scripts on a new Class Level thing and it worked just fine actually.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 6th, 2010, 08:31 AM
ShadowChemosh, The reason they belong on the class levels and not the class is that what you're adding on the Class tab is actually the class level. Each copy of the class level bootstraps the class, but because the class is unique, only one copy is added, no matter how many class levels have been added. Then, the class specials are added to the class - because there is only one copy of the class, you don't get 20 copies of each class ability on your character.

Because the things that are being selected are actually the class levels, and not the classes, the pre-reqs belong there.

Note that class levels can be copied without going through the class creation wizard, so it's easy to look up their prereqs. (note that he's referring to the loremaster's prereqs, so I'm pretty sure he's putting them in the right place).
Mathias is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 6th, 2010, 08:46 AM
Here's how to look through all the ability scores on the character, and count the number that are greater than 16:

Code:

var highenough as number
foreach pick in hero from BaseAttr
  if (eachpick.field[aNormal].value >= 16) then
    highenough += 1
    endif
  nexteach

validif (highenough >= 2)
Note that I'm using aNormal - the unmodified attribute value, rather than aFinalVal, the modified value - if a character has an attribute-boosting magic item, you want to test the value without that item.

Skills would be checked the same way:

Code:

var highenough as number
foreach pick in hero from BaseSkill
  if (eachpick.field[skUser].value >= 5) then
    highenough += 1
    endif
  nexteach

validif (highenough >= 3)
The AllSkills pick is not a skill itself - it's just a place to store bonuses and penalties that are then applied to all skills. So, #skillranks[] and the foreach you wrote can't find it.

In the custom abilities section, you'll see an option for "Allow Custom Abilities..." - select Cleric from that list, and your class will be allowed to use the custom abilities of the Cleric.
Mathias is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Hyrum

Old April 6th, 2010, 10:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
In the custom abilities section, you'll see an option for "Allow Custom Abilities..." - select Cleric from that list, and your class will be allowed to use the custom abilities of the Cleric.
Thanks!! Got everything to work except the above. Which tab do I find this? The class tab? I've tried doing it but I can't get the choice for a domain to show up.

Hyrum.
Hyrum is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 6th, 2010, 01:52 PM
On the class tab, look in the section labeled "Custom Abilities" - Domains are one type of custom class abilities, so you'll tell it that it gets however many domain choices at whatever level (probably row 0 if it gets the domains at 1st level) in the "Custom Ability Count", put "Domain" as the "Custom Ability Name", then select Cleric from the list of "Allow Custom Abilities".
Mathias is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Hyrum

Old April 6th, 2010, 02:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
On the class tab, look in the section labeled "Custom Abilities" - Domains are one type of custom class abilities, so you'll tell it that it gets however many domain choices at whatever level (probably row 0 if it gets the domains at 1st level) in the "Custom Ability Count", put "Domain" as the "Custom Ability Name", then select Cleric from the list of "Allow Custom Abilities".
Awesome! Thanks Mathias. (I noticed you can only put in 3 different types of custom abilities, is it possible to increase this to 4 or 5?)

Hyrum.
Hyrum is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 6th, 2010, 02:52 PM
Could you point me to the specific thing that needs 4 or 5 categories? I've never come across any class that can't be made with the existing mechanisms.
Mathias is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Hyrum

Old April 7th, 2010, 12:40 PM
I'm trying to input a new prestige class we just release called the Godling. (It's both a base class and a prestige class, I'm working on just the prestige class right now.)

Here's the Level and Special chart:

Level Special
1 Lineage domain
2 Divine trait degree I
3 Scion talent
4 Scion talent
5 Divine trait degree II
6 Scion talent
7 Greater scion talent
8 Divine trait degree III
9 Lineage domain
10 Divine trait degree IV

Lineage Domain lets you pick a cleric domain and gain the powers from the domain, but not the spells.

Divine trait lets you select a specific set of powers like:

Battle Lord I - IV
Divine Power I - IV
Hardy I - IV
Scholar I - IV
Seaborn I - IV
Shapeshifter I - IV
Trophy Taker I - IV

You get a series of powers at each level of Divine Trait and in the prestige class you have to choose one of the sets and then you're stuck with it.

Scion Talent is similar to the rogue talent ability and Greater Scion Talent lets you get more advanced talents.

The way I've set it up is that each of these are custom abilities:

Custom Ability #1: Scion Talent
Custom Ability #2: Greater Scion Talent
Custom Ability #3: Divine Trait (Although I only have Battle Lord in the software at the moment)
Custom Ability #4: This is where I'd put Lineage Domain, if I could. :>

If you give me your email address I can send you a copy of the PDF so this will make a little more sense.

Hyrum.
Hyrum is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 7th, 2010, 01:13 PM
Can you put your Scion and Greater Scion abilities in the same list the way rogues put their Rogue talents and Advanced Rogue Talents in the same list, just adding a requirement for the correct level to the greater abilities?

If you're allowed to use your greater choices to pick from the lesser list, you'll have to do it that way.

If you're going to borrow the domains from Clerics, the Lineage Domain will have to be the primary, since you're borrowing the Cleric's primary abilities.

Also, a lineage domain is gained at 1st level, so that belongs as the primary so it is displayed above the other lists. Divine Talents start at 2nd level, so they'll be the Secondaries, and Scion Talents would be the Tertiary, since it's the third ability gained as you level up.

My email address is my user name here, @wolflair.com - if you're going to have more questions about this material it may be useful for me to have a copy to reference. If you do send it to me, please remember that people other than me will be reading your posts, so remember to give a thorough explanation of what you're trying to do next time you get stuck - don't just rely on me reading the material.
Mathias is offline   #10 Reply With Quote