Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

AEIOU

Old January 5th, 2014, 07:56 PM
I know this has been discussed but I can't remember when.... I'd like to flesh out the Appearance Trait, Personality Trait, etc with a whole slew of descriptors for my campaign use. But I don't want to paint myself into the proverbial corner or create a mess down the road.

1) Can we add custom tags to the lists?

• Do I just add them to the end of the list so that I don't interfere with "official" words"
• Can I delete "official" words without getting myself into trouble?
• What happens if "official" words get added later that make some of mine redundant?
• Can we make suggestions for "official" word lists so we can all standardize more effectively?
• Would it be feasible to make community libraries of common descriptors?

2) How will this work when I start merging data from other GM's?

• Will the lists parse and remove duplicates?
• Will theirs just get appended to mine even if it has duplicates?
• Will only the ones they use get appended to mine rather than their full list?
AEIOU is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Elindor

Old January 7th, 2014, 02:30 PM
I can answer some of your questions, but not all (I don't work for them, after all...)

Adding tags is straightforward, and shouldn't lead to headaches down the line - if additional data is added using the same tag names, I would expect you'd simply have duplicates. Ideally, you could then filter by the duplicates, update them to the existing (or the other way around, depending on where the workload will kick in) and then flag the superfluous entry as hidden (which you can do with the official tags at the moment - find the tag list under Management, and there's a check box for that purpose).
Elindor is offline   #2 Reply With Quote