Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

efindel

Old July 17th, 2012, 07:19 PM
I bought Hero Lab to use with 4e, but, since I have the Pathfinder Beginner Box and have friends who play it, decided to download the Beginner Box. However, when I try it out, it comes up with the demo mode warning - which, as I understand it, it should not do.

Anyone else seen this? Anyone know of a solution? I'm using the Mac version, if that makes a difference. Thanks!
efindel is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
chiefweasel

Old July 18th, 2012, 08:34 AM
Does it being in demo mode effect its usability?

Web site - Cheese Weasel Logistics - www.cheeseweasel.net
Twitter - @CheeseWeaselGMZ
For user created content check out www.d20pfsrd.com and www.cheeseweasel.net
For video demos of Hero Lab go to http://www.youtube.com/user/TheChiefweasel?blend=9&ob=5
chiefweasel is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
efindel

Old July 22nd, 2012, 11:50 PM
Yes - you can't save or print characters in demo mode, which makes it much less useful.
efindel is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 23rd, 2012, 12:44 AM
Within Hero Lab itself, access to the Pathfinder Beginner Box is tied to having access to the Pathfinder game system. We added this so that Pathfinder players who use Hero Lab and choose to run an intro game with the Beginner Box don't need to install the separate Hero Lab Beginner Box version of the product. However, every game system in the full product must be tied to a licensed game system (it's a limitation of the licensing technology we use), so we can't just make it available to everyone within the full product.

For anyone who does not have licensed access to the Pathfinder game system, you'll need to download and install the separate Hero Lab Beginner Box version. Please go to our website at www.wolflair.com and you'll find a link to where you can download the free tool on the main page.

Hope this helps...
rob is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
dkeester

Old August 2nd, 2012, 10:25 PM
I am also having this issue. I have only purchased the Savage Worlds data so far. I guess I will install the Starter Edition separately until I purchase access to Pathfinder.

There is still a problem, however. I see Rob's response above, but as of 8-2-2012 it states the following at: http://www.wolflair.com/index.php?co...tarter_edition.

"Note that all Hero Lab licenses now include full access to the Pathfinder Beginner Box game system! If you've purchased a Hero Lab license for any game system, you can also download and use the Pathfinder Beginner Box. Unlike other games, you can save and print Beginner Box characters in Hero Lab, even without a Pathfinder license."

You might want to clarify the information on the Starter Edition web page to reflect Rob's statements above. (I would actually prefer having the licenses fixed to reflect what the web page currently states, but if that is not possible please fix the wording on the web page.)

Thanks.
dkeester is offline   #5 Reply With Quote