Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

furby076

Old June 27th, 2012, 07:59 PM
Hi,

I am starting a new campaign soon, and we are using some races (I think it's from City Campaign). The one I am going to play is the Hannumin race (Hannu).

They are basically Halflings, so I am going to use that as my base, with the exception of this:

*They have a tail that can be used to hold things (eg., buckler) but can't use to attack
*If they use monk as their class, they are considered medium sized for attacks (as opposed to small)
*Their movement is 20, but when brachiating it is 40

So the above is also the issues I am running into

Not sure how to create the tail ability
Not sure how to create the monk ability
I created new movement (using MoveLimb bootstrap). I made it available to the race but I do not see it in the character
Attached Files
File Type: email city.user (3.8 KB, 2 views)

Last edited by furby076; June 27th, 2012 at 08:46 PM.
furby076 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
furby076

Old June 27th, 2012, 08:20 PM
Also, what is there in the way of items (or something I can create) to give Blindsight of 5 feet + 5 feet per level
furby076 is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old June 28th, 2012, 05:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by furby076 View Post
Hi,
*They have a tail that can be used to hold things (eg., buckler) but can't use to attack

Not sure how to create the tail ability
Try giving the race 3 "hands". That should allow you to equip a shield along with two weapons or a 2-handed weapon. As far as making a tail ability, I would just make a special with the description. There might be a way to limit what it can hold, but its also something that could be just be handled by the player.
Sendric is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
furby076

Old June 28th, 2012, 07:16 PM
Great. Gave another hand.
Now the monk size and the movement. Thoughts?
furby076 is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old June 28th, 2012, 09:59 PM
For the monk class unarmed damage increase, you can have an eval script on the race look for the monk's unarmed strike class special, if present, assign 1 Helper.DamageUp tag to the unarmed strike weapon.

For brachiation, either make a racial special and leave it text only, or give it an activation button and when activated increase base speed by +20. You should be able to look at the speed adjustment for a script to work off of. Does that help?
Aaron is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
furby076

Old June 30th, 2012, 10:41 AM
Those help. Do you know of an existing race that has those options already built in so i can copy it? I don't really know how to code and usually just copy from something preexisting.
furby076 is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old June 30th, 2012, 05:58 PM
I don't know of any races off the top of my head. For the monk damage, I would look at the Monk's Robe. For the speed, maybe the haste adjustment could help you out.
Sendric is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
furby076

Old July 1st, 2012, 01:57 PM
Thanks for the help. For those who may find this thread in the future:

I added to the racial ability, for the size up monk damage:

if (hero.tagis[Classes.Monk] <> 0) then
perform hero.child[wUnarmed].assign[Helper.DamageUp]
endif

For the speed, I added a new Ability (in the ability tab of the editor) movement. I copied the swim stuff and just deleted all of the eval scripts. It shows under special abilities, for the character, but doesn't show near the movement where you see the normal speed. After that was made I added it to the race as a movement type. If someone knows how to have it show next to the regular movement speed please let me know. It would be nice if things like haste, monk bonus movement, etc calculated into this, but i will settle just to have the name listed

Last edited by furby076; July 1st, 2012 at 02:10 PM.
furby076 is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old July 1st, 2012, 05:43 PM
I'm not sure I understand. Are you saying the speed isn't actually changing?
Sendric is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
furby076

Old July 1st, 2012, 06:24 PM
It is not showing in the same area as where speed is listed. It is located in specials.

When I click on the Haste spell my normal movement gains a / so it goes from 20 to 20 /40 (when haste is up). The brachiation is not listed in that area
furby076 is offline   #10 Reply With Quote